Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

dx10 ! Very frustrating ! Help needed..!

Hi everyone.Iam having a horrid time correctly setting up dx10 in fsx.I have followed almost every step in the how-to-do doc. to set up dx10,however whenever i click on free flight,fsx crashes.However if i change back to dx9 it works fine.

I would really love to be part of the dx10 club and i do hope that somene can help me.

Thanks

Clinton.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Hey Clinton! Welcome to the group!

So - We'll do what we can for you!! There's not always a quick way to fix an issue, and this might seem a bit pedantic right now, but we need to know a few things...

Taking your post exactly as you've worded it - you've read the doc and followed it exactly (from what you say above) you tried FSX in the DX10 Preview mode before you installed the patch - and it worked, but after you installed the patch - it didn't work.. Is that right?

Secondly - would you copy your fsx.cfg and rename it as fsx.txt - and then attach it to your next reply, along with a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector, as it is right now - OK? :wink:

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hey Paul

Thanks for your reply.

We might have a problem due to the difference in time zone, however i do hope we get this resolved.

Firstly iam sorry,but i did not try dx10 prior to installing the patch or following the instructions... :( ...My Bad.

Also i have my fsx.cfg custom tweaked by ******* online tweaking tool.

I have attached the same for your reference.

My Nvidia inspector settings are also attached.

I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks !

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I tried every possible thing i could think off.... :mellow: ...but nothing !!! so iam reverting a vanilla fsx install...

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Well - Inspector looks fine, Clinton, leave it as you have it here. I've made a number of changes to the fsx.cfg - attached as Clinton_fsx.txt. Just rename it and copy it back in, exactly as is. You have a pretty high performance machine, and it can manage fsx quite well.

Did you have any problems running the patch? You did tell it to delete the Shaders cache folder, right?

Post back here if you have any issues.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hey Paul.

Thanks for the help.

I did manage to fix the problem.I had Virtu MVP enabled.The second i disabled it,it worked great.

Who would have guessed that would be the problem. :lol:

My only next concern is Aerosoft Aes.I have heard that it is not dx10 compatible.Is there any work arround to that.I do have fsdt Gsx,but would still like aes.

Thanks. .

Wished i did find the problem,before i uninstalled fsx... :mellow:

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Wished i did find the problem,before i uninstalled fsx...
:LMAO: :LMAO:

I have no knowledge of AES, Clinton - maybe post over at Aerosoft for a definitive answer.

So GSX doesn't replace AES, then?

[/font][/color] :LMAO: :LMAO:

I have no knowledge of AES, Clinton - maybe post over at Aerosoft for a definitive answer.

So GSX doesn't replace AES, then?

Well i would work with gsx to see what comes out of it.

Btw is there any fix to the screen tearing ?

Vabb-Mumbai India.

You shouldn't be having any screen tearing, Clinton. You have the DisablePreload=1 and frames set to 30 in your FSX.cfg, with your Nvidia Inspector configured "1/2 Refresh rate" and "Standard".

You should not be experiencing any Vsync issues, unless something has been changed. When you configured NI, did you hit the "Apply Changes" button"?

My only next concern is Aerosoft Aes.I have heard that it is not dx10 compatible.Is there any work arround to that.I do have fsdt Gsx,but would still like aes.

With the Addon Converter X program, it should run AES with no issues. Never heard that AES and GSX can run together as some of the key functions might be the same.

@ Paul - AES is an alternative to GSX. I've had both and like GSX the best.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

With the Addon Converter X program, it should run AES with no issues. Never heard that AES and GSX can run together as some of the key functions might be the same.

@ Paul - AES is an alternative to GSX. I've had both and like GSX the best.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim

Are you sure that Addon Converter x Would work with AES.Do you have a guide ?

Thanks

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Hi Jim

Are you sure that Addon Converter x Would work with AES.Do you have a guide ?

Thanks

You can try the Addon Converter X in demo mode to see if it works before you buy it. I took AES off my system so can't test it for you. I also have removed everything in my FSX setup that is not fsx compatible.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You can try the Addon Converter X in demo mode to see if it works before you buy it. I took AES off my system so can't test it for you. I also have removed everything in my FSX setup that is not fsx compatible.

Best regards,

Jim

Will try that tonight Jim.

@Paul

I did try the fsx.cfg that you modified for me and it did improve the fps and screen tearing.However i now have kind of weird controls. :O .Is it possible if i attach the fsx cfg and you could look into it.

Thanks !!

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Yep - for sure, Clinton. I'll get it back to you asap!

Yep - for sure, Clinton. I'll get it back to you asap!

HI please find attached the text file.

Please note that i have attached the default the fsx.cfg,without any tweaks.Thanks.

Vabb-Mumbai India.