Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Sub Windows Fix Position

Hi Bryan,

2 things:

1. just wanted to know if there is a simple way to lock the FS2 Crew main Window & Sub-Windows (ie BR, FA, PA, VM, CFG) into a pre determined position of my choice so that each time I open FS2 Crew all my windows will be opened into fixed & more convenient positions of my making? The default positions aren't suitable.

2. in my post regarding "Load & Balance Sheet - Oct 21", I posed another series of questions/issues which have not been resolved/answered as yet, that is;

"just to clarify so there's no confusion at my end:

• I live in Australia, and there are no voice sets with Aussie accents? (Rhetorical)
  • I've chosen the US voice sets but get Scottish accent on ground crew & English accent on person delivering load/balance sheet
  • Captain, FO and FA are US accents

Should I have a Scottish and English accent in my US voice set?"

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Steve,

1. You'd need to hand edit the panel.cfg file to change the window positions.

Note the entry for each FS2Crew window.. POS =

0 is top left, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right.. 3 is middle left, etc.

2. No Aussie accent. Closet thing available is the Pommie accent. Apologies.

3. Ground crew accents are based on the aircraft's physical location, not the crew accent selection.

You could for example have an American crew operating in England. The pilots are Americans but the ground crew servicing the plane are still Brits.

In your case,, we use UK accents for the AU region since a UK accent is closer to an AU accent than an American or EU type accent. So just pretend the Scottish guy is one of the many UK expats in AU there to escape the gray and rain.

Best,

Thx for the info and clarification Bryan! Much appreciated.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers