Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Help) My 747 tends to take off too early and nose up.

(sorry my English)

I set up the trim as FMC CG calculator says.

Usually I fly 300~600 miles. passenger is full, cargo is half or 1/3 sometimes. Fuel is 130 ~ 140 (x1000)

In this case trim is 5.5~5.9

Then when I take off, I don't pull my yoke but my 747 rotats almost automatically. (Very strong nose up)

After take off, my 747 coutinues nose up. and the pitch is passsed 20 degree.

So I have to push my yoke to suppress pitch up.

So my sollution is egnoring FMC CG. I set trim 4.5~5.0 (lower than FMC) . and my plane is controlable.

Is this normal?

Your FMC-calculated trim seems about right. My favorite route is about 500 NM long, and I liked to have a load factor of approximately 80%. Using the fuel-calculation techniques described in the manual, I load about 89000 pounds of fuel and a trim of 5.5 on takeoff.

Are you loading fuel from the PMDG Fuel menu? Using the FSX built-in fuel loader could result in very bad errors because of its simplicity.

Also make sure that you are rotating early enough (at VR).

yes. I am using PMDG fuel/cargo/passengers loader. And I try to rotate at Vr. but at Vr, my 747 rotates almost automatically. Anyway I have to adjust trim, well.. it's not big issue.

I don't know. Thnka you :)

Do you receive any warnings regarding the CG? What does the actual CG reading say in the FMC?

What level of flaps and thrust do you use for takeoff?

Do you receive any warnings regarding the CG? What does the actual CG reading say in the FMC?

What level of flaps and thrust do you use for takeoff?

There are not any warnings regarding the CG.

Usually I set flap20. and the thrust is not derated. But it's not FULL thrust. I use FMC set thrust which is calculated by out side temperature.

just a guess but unless the runway is quite short I think your flaps are set too low. generally I think they should be set for 10.

Having them at flap 20 would give you too much lift combined with no derate would probably cause your problem

Pete Little

just a guess but unless the runway is quite short I think your flaps are set too low. generally I think they should be set for 10.

Having them at flap 20 would give you too much lift combined with no derate would probably cause your problem

Thank you. I gonna test fly with flap 10. !!!

First of all, you must sign with your real name.

What do you mean by:

I use FMC set thrust which is calculated by out side temperature.

Ionut "John" Micu

First of all, you must sign with your real name.

What do you mean by:

Ionut "John" Micu

My name is dogang and familly name is Kim. 김도강 金度强 Im not American. and your name is fstulm. Is this your real name?

I use the setting of FMC for N1 limit. FMC calculates N1 limit with the OST(out side temperature)

Sorry for my poor English.

I think Ionut Micu is his name.

How are you setting trim? Do you use a trim axis with one of your throttle levers or something? Such may interfere with the trim setting if it is disturbed. I am assuming that your weather is normal, and that you are loading the correct amount of fuel via the PMDG fuel loader for every flight. If you press RECALL, do you receive any warnings on the EICAS?

Could you post some screen shots of your cockpit immediately before takeoff (perhaps FMC, etc.)?

I think Ionut Micu is his name.

How are you setting trim? Do you use a trim axis with one of your throttle levers or something? Such may interfere with the trim setting if it is disturbed. I am assuming that your weather is normal, and that you are loading the correct amount of fuel via the PMDG fuel loader for every flight. If you press RECALL, do you receive any warnings on the EICAS?

Could you post some screen shots of your cockpit immediately before takeoff (perhaps FMC, etc.)?

I don't have any gears related with trim. I contol trim with only joystick buttons. If I set trim 5.0, the trim is still 5.0 after take off. And there are not any waring messeges on the EICAS.

I did test with flap 10. it was better. but still I have to adjust trim-up(nose down) . So I tested flap 10 with de-rated thrust. It was much better.

Anyway adjusting trim is a part of flight. So it's not a big problem.

Dogang,

You need to give us a complete scenario with all the information and some screen shots to see where is the problem:

A screen shot with your load of passengers and cargo

Airport, RWY, winds, temp, altimeter setting

FMC screen shots with Perf, Take Off

2D screenshot of your instrument panel

3D zoom-in on your trim indicator

Then we have something to talk about

Ionut "John" Micu

Dogang,

You need to give us a complete scenario with all the information and some screen shots to see where is the problem:

A screen shot with your load of passengers and cargo

Airport, RWY, winds, temp, altimeter setting

FMC screen shots with Perf, Take Off

2D screenshot of your instrument panel

3D zoom-in on your trim indicator

Then we have something to talk about

Ionut "John" Micu

Runway 18. wind 0/0. temp 15C. altemetor 3024.

triem.jpg

Thank you sir!

Dogang,

Many things seem to be ok but there is not enough resolution to distinguish the numbers.

Also, without touching your column control, roll with TO power and pop up the controls display and make sure they remain centered.

Ionut "John" Micu

fmc.jpg

------------------

trim1.jpg

--------------------------

trim2.jpg

Thank you for your help lonut!!!