Sign in to follow this  
davecat

Porting B1900D into FSX?

I do not own FS9 and have seen and used this product on a friends FSX setup. Is it possible to buy this product and install it into FSX. I was thinkning that all I would need to do would be to build a sudo FS9 directory with appropriate directories to capture the files correctly.

I have seen this link. This implies that you have a clean install of the B1900 in FS9. I do not have, nor do I want FS9. I need to trick PMDG's installer somehow into FS9 folders. Not exactly sure what directories I need to set up.

It's doable, I have done it, I'm not sure if it's worth it though. The B190 is a very old product and based on default gauges and default stuff in FS, you'd be better of with the JS41 if you want a prop and they're comparable in size and performance but the model for the JS is so much better.

It's a great aircraft and well worth it. I fly it regularly time in FSX - there are many real-life B1900 flights around the world but especially in New Zealand and North America.

I have the 1900C in FSX, it's ok. The textures are nice, but it relies heavily on the stock MicroSoft gauges. Functionality wise, it is the same as the stock King Air 350 with the addition of a GPS-500.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I also have the 1900D installed in FSX and use it a lot, it's a great plane and is still used widely around the world.

I also added the TSS King Air sound pack to it, and find the whole package very enjoyable.

Might be worth a look at the Carenado B200 - brand new, looks great, and

very similar cockpit layout to the 1900..

Bert

I did the unofficial port of the FS9 B1900 to FSX as outlined in the link provided above. B1900C and its variants work ok (I changed the sound to the Carenado King Air sounds). B1900D VC panel is missing a gauge immediately to the right of the altitude alerter gauge. From the PMDG screenshots it looks like it might be a WX placeholder like they have for the JS41. Any ideas as to how I can fill the hole? Not really essential to flying the D model, but I find panels with gaps to be annoying after a while.

Thanks.

Rob Mrofka

Saw a much better screenshot of the full VC. The missing gauge is clearly a standby attitude gauge. Going to scour the panel.cfg to try to parse which file I am missing. Since I don't have FS9 installed, I hope this doesn't get ugly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob Mrofka

For some reason the Cessna Attitude gauge in FSX is called: CessnaWAlpha!Attitude_Alpha

Try that in the Vcockpit06 section..

Screenshot from FS9 attached.

Bert

..or you can use the Vcockpit07 section to put another gauge there...

Bert

Thanks, Bert. First option didn't work even though there is a Cessna dll file with that name. I got a Cessna 172 attitude gauge to work in the Vcockpit07 section, kinda. Resized to get it to fit and it works ok during daylight hours but is almost totally blacked out at night. Close enough for government work!!

Rob Mrofka