Sign in to follow this  
craigovlh

Fsx help and improvement

ok what im after here is some help from some people who know what there talking about and could maybe give me some pointers

my spec is

AMD phenomiix4965 3.4ghz ( not black edition )

psu is a corsair 430w

16 gb corsair vengeance ram

Asus M4A78LT-M Mobo

Gpu Nvidia GTS 450

500Hdd

what i am wanting to know is am i missing out on something simple that could give me more from fsx with out bankrupting my self ?

im getting around 23FPS - 28FPS from my system

ok ill upload some pictures of my fsx settings too the quality aint the best but you can see where the sliders are and what is checked etc.... sorry again but pictures were taken by my nokia lumia ( not the best )

should i be greatful for what am getting with my system or should i be expecting more ?

thanks

Craig

Don't expect much from that AMD , give it an overclock you may gain a few frames. I use a 960T @4.0 Ghz and the max I can pull is around 34 fps but the moment I get in to the cities it drops.

Use bojotes tweak and Nicks Nvidia guide that should give you something. Do you have SP1 and SP2 installed on FSX ?

Remember FSX uses clock speeds.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

ok what im after here is some help from some people who know what there talking about and could maybe give me some pointers

my spec is

AMD phenomiix4965 3.4ghz ( not black edition )

psu is a corsair 430w

16 gb corsair vengeance ram

Asus M4A78LT-M Mobo

Gpu Nvidia GTS 450

500Hdd

what i am wanting to know is am i missing out on something simple that could give me more from fsx with out bankrupting my self ?

im getting around 23FPS - 28FPS from my system

ok ill upload some pictures of my fsx settings too the quality aint the best but you can see where the sliders are and what is checked etc.... sorry again but pictures were taken by my nokia lumia ( not the best )

should i be greatful for what am getting with my system or should i be expecting more ?

thanks

Craig

Yes, be grateful.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

You could take a look through my tweaking guide, though for this configuration no real gu arantees. The GPU is quite weak, so I doubt it will hold the BP=0 tweak, but not knowing without trying. And FPS should not be at unlimited!

Apart from that, someone suggested Bojote's tweaks - might work better for your configuration. But won't give such smoothness like my tweaks.

You could take a look through my tweaking guide, though for this configuration no real gu arantees. The GPU is quite weak, so I doubt it will hold the BP=0 tweak, but not knowing without trying. And FPS should not be at unlimited!

Apart from that, someone suggested Bojote's tweaks - might work better for your configuration. But won't give such smoothness like my tweaks.

yeah i have read somewhere that frame rate shouldnt be set to unlimited however when i do lower it to anything else i get the moast horried stutters ever, i found that the smoothest flight is when frames are set to unlimited.

what are good GPU's for fsx just there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin looking

what are good GPU's for fsx just there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin looking

Did you at least click the link I gave you? In there you will find almost all basic questions regarding software functions of FSX and what hardware you need for it!

Did you at least click the link I gave you? In there you will find almost all basic questions regarding software functions of FSX and what hardware you need for it!

Hi, Sorry Word Not Allowed my reply was just a quick one to the message as i was in a rush i have just had a scan thru it if im honnest most of it might as well be written in another language,

i am going to be getting an SSD soon witch i plan on doing a new install of windows 7and starting from scratch everything fresh, i intend on reading your link a few times before i give it a wirl

thanks for your help ill be sure to let you know my out come