Sign in to follow this  
saed45

vfr scenary for california?

hey guys. im thinking about getting an account on pilotedge. i know the serve california alot and i was wondering if you guys know any good vfr scenary for california?

thanks

While maybe not VFR, I find MegaScenery X SoCal very very nice as low as 800agl. I fly also mainly GA planes and it works perfect.

While maybe not VFR, I find MegaScenery X SoCal very very nice as low as 800agl. I fly also mainly GA planes and it works perfect.

it looks like they only make fsx version. i have fs9 installed

I have toured California every day for the past 15+years, since Flight Unlimited II, from Eureka to San Diego and the Pacific Coast to Nevada, and with FS Global, UT USA, VOZ 1.8, some selected scenery add-ons, and the selected area meshes from here..>>> http://simviation.com/1/fs2004terrainmesh

...I find that the State of California is one of the most accurately represented areas in the Sim...(via Google Satellite Maps)!

What I see on the Google Satellite, etc, Map, also appears around me in the flight sim!

Paul....FS 2004...FS Nav...Plan G v 2.0.5....and some Santa Monica Beach Babes!.... :Big Grin: ...!

Now ya talkin, Fozzer!!

I actually just installed the FsGenesis 38m California mesh thats freeware now. I never had anything previous apart from GePro for textures. I dont really understand the whole mesh thing at all when it comes to the accuracy etc, but this seems to have improved the look again of fs9.

Nobody's mentioned bluesky scenery? How does that compare to some of the payware stuff? I downloaded an older section for around KLAX. Looked great from above. Not so good when on the ground of course and I prefer even the default airport with REX textures, but using it for other parts could work I guess.

.... :biggrin: ...!

I have spent so many years touring Cal, (with a Santa Monica Beach Babe on each arm.. :Love: ..), that I now know the Stare better than the Folks who actually live there!

I sometimes suspect that it is so accurate because the Microsoft Scenery Designers live there!... :wink: ...!

For anyone who likes flying, low-level, VFR over a wide variation of scenery and landmarks, California is certainly an excellent place to visit!

I have also populated my scenery with my own "LAGO FSE" and "EZ Scenery" objects, (including Humans), so that each airfield is alive with "activity" when I land!... :Big Grin: ...!

Paul...California Sunrise!... :Bug: ...!

so not to sound rude but did anyone actually give me the names of addons for vfr california? sorry im kind of a noob

so not to sound rude but did anyone actually give me the names of addons for vfr california? sorry im kind of a noob

Pick your favourite Californian areas from this list......

......which is what I do!....>>> http://www.freewares.../fs2004/us.html

Paul...FS 2004+ FS Nav... B) ...!