Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Nvidia Inspector - unable to add application to profile

Hi everyone,

I've worked my way through Nick Needham's comprehensive instructions for setting up FSX/Prepar3D (and the sim seems very fluid on my cutomized Alienware M18x laptop) but it seems I have fallen at the last hurdle and my on screen image stubbornly remains devoid of any Anti-aliasing and Anisitropic filtering.

I am using Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.7, created the new profile, added application to current profile (or so I thought) and Applied changes, yet these settings are not being applied in the sim.

O/S is Windows 7 Professional (SP1)

My GPUs are 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M in SLI configuration using the 269.03 drivers (Dell don't make it easy to update graphic drivers but I do have to say these drivers seem very good and stable and run everything very well - I use this laptop as my gaming/simming machine). The CPU is a quad core i7-2960XM with 4x2GB of DDR3 1600 RAM.

I have noted that the 'Remove application from current profile' button is greyed out which suggests that, despite my attempts, the Prepar3D executable has not been added to this profile.

Kinda frustrated by this and it's far from clear to me what I may be doing wrong.

As ever, your help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Once an executable is added to the profile it will show the file name in the green bar. From your pic theres no exe added. Not sure why your unable to add the exe. Try running Inspector as admin.

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help.

I've now tried running Nvidia Inspector as Administrator but, sadly, still no joy :( I have tried clicking 'Open' on the executable and also the absolute path.

I must be missing something. I guess the developer didn't have me in mind when he built in all his error traps..lol

Regards,

Mike

P3D is in C:\Program Files (x86). Could be something to do with Windows UAC. I would have thought if thats the case running as admin would fix the issue but who knows. I'd try disabling Win UAC and see what happens.

Check and make sure theres no other profile (FSX) using P3D exe. Its unlikely thats the case but I'd check that also. If there was another profile using P3D I believe you'd get an error message of some sorts.

Sorry for not being able to help you out more. I'm just guessing here.

Yes, it is rather baffling.

UAC slider hard down at the bottom and there is no other profile using Prepar3D.exe. I did try to link Prepar3D to the FSX profile but still no luck. I wonder if I should try an earlier version of Nvidia Inspector? Seems unlikely that my current version is bugged as noone else has reported this issue, at least none that I can find.

Mike

Hey, would you believe it, it worked!

Prepar3D looks wonderful!! Screen native resolution: 1920x1080 (18.4")

I still had version 1.9.5.5 on my old rig and transferred it over to my laptop and hey presto!

Now that is strange - I wonder whether I've stumbled on something. The Add and Remove buttons/routines are now working as they should. Also Prepar3D now appears in the green bar and the Remove button is active.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a later version of Nvidia Inspector, say 1.9.5.9, so I can run some further tests. I tried a few sites but despite advertising the version as 1.9.5.9 the download turns out to be the latest 1.9.6.7 or 1.9.6.6 (in the case of the latter, attempts were made to trick me into installing some other junk so I made a hasty retreat).

Phew! Had me worried there :Worried:

Mike :Whew:

I had it working but it stopped when i updated my drivers for my video card then i had the same problem i revert back and still a no go

Guest do_denver2

When you update your video card drivers it changes the settings in INspector. You have to go back and carefully check all of your settings, particularly the on that says "Behavior Flags"