Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

Anyone running the EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB?

I currently have the EVGA GTX 560Ti 2GB, and am looking at an early Christmas present for myself with the EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB.

I noticed the difference in:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi)

Core Clock

822MHz

Shader Clock

1645MHz

CUDA Cores

​ compared to

GeForce GTX 670

Core Clock

1006MHz

Boost Clock

1084MHz

CUDA Cores

Here is why I am looking to change over, and hopefully someone can see if I am in the right zone. I run ORBX, and HD textures. I look for fast, sharp picture quality, and don't fly much other than low and slow, GA type. I am an eye candy type of person, who appreciates Carenado, RealAir, and A2A. I love AA, and AF to be as high as possible.

Would this change over, while I know that it does not give me a performance increase, give me more smooth and quicker faster textures, as that is what I am looking for. I am not worried about FPS, as I am capped and stay at 30FPS almost everywhere....I run a slim, and lean FSX with REXE, OPUS, ORBX, GEX, and a couple other addon airports.

Would I notice a difference? I want to be able to have better, sharper visuals, and I am hoping this will be the case, without having to go $1,000 on the 690.

Thanks for any info you guys can give, or experiences you can share.

I have the EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB.. But I never owned the other card that you have.

Not sure if you would see much of an improvement. But if you are going from 1 monitor to three monitor view and still have a reasonable performance then yeah...go for the 670 FTW. Otherwise be prepared to be not overwhelmed.,

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So there is no real card out there then other than the 690 that would be better for texture loading and rendering than the one I have?

I thought my card was getting petty long in the tooth.

Also, I want to use my 3 monitors but don't want to invest in TH2Go. Is this card going to make it possible? I really don't want to run SLI as FSX is all I really play and I know it does not help jt I have heard. SLI that is.

So there is no real card out there then other than the 690 that would be better for texture loading and rendering than the one I have?

I thought my card was getting petty long in the tooth.

Also, I want to use my 3 monitors but don't want to invest in TH2Go. Is this card going to make it possible? I really don't want to run SLI as FSX is all I really play and I know it does not help jt I have heard. SLI that is.

The 6xx is better than the TH2Go. Yes the 6xx card is perfect for upt to 4 monitors..3 in surround mode + 1 for miscellaneous stuff. If you want to use your three monitors then yes go for the 6xx card... but 690 is an overkill. The 660 or the 670 or the 680 depending on your budget is the way to go.

Also, make sure you have three identical monitors in terms of resolution and size and make as well. Mixing monitors may not work,

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the info.

Yep, all my monitors are actually the exact same, bought at the same time in a fit of "needtopissthewifeoffites" so I am good to go on that front.

Thanks again for the info.