Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seadot777

Fsx crashing (Need help)

I really need someone to help me with this every time I try to start fsx It crashes before it can even load the menu. Last time I played fsx it was little over a month ago and I had no problems with crashes at all. I started trying to play fsx about 2 days ago and this was when I first started experiencing the crashes. I could not even get to the menu in fsx like I said, but after i restarted my comp I was playing smoothly like i was months before. After thinking I fixed the problem i tried to get on today and it started again, at first I was able to get to a flight but then it crashed shortly after. And now I cant even get to the FSX menu for it crashes before it can load. I tried about every thing I can think of but i cant figure this out. Hopefully someone with knowledge on this can help me with this, I also tried searching for solutions on the internet but I found none. I am just really confused on what happened I did not add any add ons, and to think the months before I never had problem with crashes... Thanks to whoever can give me input on this. ~Corey~

edit: I got some messages finally after the crash maybe someone can tell me what they mean wKooG.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks to whoever can give me input on this.

It would be nice if you could download and run App Crash View - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html or, if you are familiar with the System Event Viewer, look in there at the Application logs and look for FSX (there's a Find function there that you can enter FSX and it will show you all the crashes related to FSX). Referenced memory problems usually happen when the computer overloads with too much data, or when certain system files become missing or broken. This is a critical sign of an unstable system that is typically caused by improper maintenance of the computer. I would run a freeware system cleaner like CCleaner and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure your drivers are all up-to-date too. There are freeware driver update programs that you can download and run and they will provide you detailed information of missing or corrupted drivers. In order for the program to update them, you'll have to purchase a license or, you can see the drivers that need updating and can look for the drivers yourself via Google, download them, and install them.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks to whoever can give me input on this.

It would be nice if you could download and run App Crash View - http://www.nirsoft.n...crash_view.html or, if you are familiar with the System Event Viewer, look in there at the Application logs and look for FSX (there's a Find function there that you can enter FSX and it will show you all the crashes related to FSX). Referenced memory problems usually happen when the computer overloads with too much data, or when certain system files become missing or broken. This is a critical sign of an unstable system that is typically caused by improper maintenance of the computer. I would run a freeware system cleaner like CCleaner and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure your drivers are all up-to-date too. There are freeware driver update programs that you can download and run and they will provide you detailed information of missing or corrupted drivers. In order for the program to update them, you'll have to purchase a license or, you can see the drivers that need updating and can look for the drivers yourself via Google, download them, and install them.

Best regards,

Jim

Quoted from topic: Fsx crashing (Need help)

Thanks a lot Jim I looked into both app crash and system event viewer. I also used cc cleaner, and to my surprise I was able to start and play fsx twice without a decrease in performance, or crash. If for some reason I start to experience crash's again I will refer to your post and check my drivers, but for know all is well. I cant thank you enough

Corey

I also used cc cleaner, and to my surprise I was able to start and play fsx twice

Glad to hear you're up and running now. It's amazing what a clean system will do! I clean mine at least once a week but I use Advanced System Pro, the payware version.

Best regards,

Jim