Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

FMS data & plates

Folks

Can someone confirm or correct the following:

Simplates only have plates (and an apparently new tablet app, as of last week or two).

Navigraph sell FMS data by cycles, and once bought via credits you can download that cycle info for as many a/c as you have. You can buy specific plates using said credits.

NavDataPro from Aerosoft sells FMS data which are compatible but no plates are available.

Does that sound about right? Are there other options, apart from the endless googling for plates on line?

Cheers

Mike

I think you've summed it up nicely. On the online charts, I recall somebody posting all the links to the official sources of different countries. This should help on the online search. Here it is. http://ifly.flight1....harts-and-stuff

Another possibility would be to generate charts by making use of the Navigraph (or now Aerosoft) database like Aivlasoft EFB does. It reads the data your FMC planes read and then generates a feature rich map and chart layout for you. Pretty clever method that is. Sometimes featuring the downside of being bound to the data providers and their details though.

Means that you may not always receive those extra details like 'jet aircraft expect crossing at FL110' as they don't come via those sources. Well, sometimes they do and are 'fixed', so if you would fly a propliner, you would see that FL110 restriction in the data whereas the rw chart may feature a dedicated 'prop' value. Edited. That was written from a Navigraph perspective. I haven't tested Aerosoft's data yet.

Thanks for that. Only recently started flying with an FMC using SIDs/STARs. While I'm not that worried that a STAR may have changed from XXXXX5 to XXXXX6, it's not ideal to be trying to find the right one on descent because the data in the sim is still ABCDE4, which is no longer used...