Sign in to follow this  
ExtremePilot4Delta

Insane lag issues with FlyTampa Dubai. (Need help troubleshooting)

Hey guys,

Don't know if i post this is in the right place, sorry if it doesn't.

Anyways, I have severe performance problems with my FSX:

For example: when flying above Dubai Intl. From FlyTampa i get insane lag.

Like 8 fps with the trike ultralight. Same performance though with the PMDG 737NGX........

That's kinda weird to me to be honest.

But, If i go fly really high and use external view to view the airplane from the bottom so I don't see the scenery, I get 60fps. (Not going higher because of Vsync)

As soon as I pan the view so that there's very little scenery visible i get instant lag and huge stutters.

Can anyone confirm that this is clearly a GPU/graphics card problem?

Thanks in advance!

I would also, firstly, try disabling that scenery within FSX and try it again.

If problem persists, it's not the scenery, if it does, then you contact fly Tampa.

I had pretty much the same problem with VFR London, and did this first, and it proved the issue was the addon, not the PC.

I actually had the same problem when I first installed Dubai and then fired up FSX and was only getting like 18 FPS in the default Bell 206. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it followed by a defrag since I dont have an SSD. Fortunately all my FPS issues were fixed doing that. Typically I can run pretty much any addon airport out of the box without a defrag and get great performance, but I think the sheer size and amount of objects in Dubai made it tough on my rig without doing the defrag. I am very happy with the scenery now and just wish Dubai wasn't so far from all my other payware airports :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator