Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

AI Touchdown Sound Effects

Hi folks,

Having moved to Windows 7 x64, I have obviously had to loose FSHotSFX (which really hurts my FS9 experience). To try and improve the situation, I re-downloaded the two packages I used before FSHotSFX:

• aisnd101.zip AI SOUND ENVIRONMENT Version 1.01for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 © 2005 by Airport Chat Developer Team
  • aisnz.zip Aaron R. Swindle Skysong Soundworks

I installed them as per their respective readme files. However, I do not hear any of the sounds when the AI aircraft land! I have confirmed that they are using the effect and the tyre smoke etc does display. I have also confirmed that the sounds are correctly installed.

These worked really well before, so I don't understand why they now do not. Can anybody shed light on this. Are there any FS9 / Windows 7 users here that have these sounds installed and working? Also, if you don't use these, what AI sound tweaks are you using? Am I missing a better solution?

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi folks,

Having moved to Windows 7 x64, I have obviously had to loose FSHotSFX (which really hurts my FS9 experience). To try and improve the situation, I re-downloaded the two packages I used before FSHotSFX:

• aisnd101.zip AI SOUND ENVIRONMENT Version 1.01for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 © 2005 by Airport Chat Developer Team
  • aisnz.zip Aaron R. Swindle Skysong Soundworks

I installed them as per their respective readme files. However, I do not hear any of the sounds when the AI aircraft land! I have confirmed that they are using the effect and the tyre smoke etc does display. I have also confirmed that the sounds are correctly installed.

These worked really well before, so I don't understand why they now do not. Can anybody shed light on this. Are there any FS9 / Windows 7 users here that have these sounds installed and working? Also, if you don't use these, what AI sound tweaks are you using? Am I missing a better solution?

Thanks,

Geoff

What do you expect from someone called Aaron R. Swindle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you expect from someone called Aaron R. Swindle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! His sound sets are usually pretty good though (and this did work previously on my XP setup).

Geoff

I did increase the environment sound slider but did not hear the sounds. However, now I increased it more and suddenly the sounds do play!

Looks like somehow there is a cutoff and below 60% on that slider the sounds are not played. Even quietly.

Anyway, fixed it now. Thanks.

(I do still miss the variety and the spoolup sounds of FSHotSFX though!)

Geoff