Sign in to follow this  
Gray_Lensman

FSX voice mixing with RC4 voice

After spending several hours getting the MSSTDFMT.DLL issue resolved, I finally got into the first tutorial. As soon as I selected the ATIS report, I heard the normal FSX ATIS information voice being "mixed/overlaid" with the RC4 ATIS information voice. What the heck? Is there a setting somewhere to shut down the FSX ATC voices so that RC4 ATC is all I hear?

I must say. my first impressions of this software are not favorable.

Why do you say that when the RC manual tells you to turn off the ATC volume on the Sound screen in FS?

Why do you say that when the RC manual tells you to turn off the ATC volume on the Sound screen in FS?

1. Where (what page) in the RC manual does it give instructions to turn off the ATC volume on the Sound screen?

2. I'm using FSX not FS and the Sound screen does not have a specific ATC volume setting on the Sound screen... I tried looking for something like that before I posted in the first place.

Go carry out your rants somewhere else.

Wow!

Mister I fought the installation process for over 6 hours, something I never do with other software... then I fight the voice issue for 2 hours and you wonder why my post is somewhat negative?

Thanks to your earlier more helpful post, I managed to figure out the necessary change to correct the voiceover, but using the Adobe search function, I have yet to find where it states how to do so in either the RCV4.pdf manual OR the rcv43.pdf manual.

Michael, can you tell me the solution for the ATIS voice over. Thanks.

Sure...

Go into FSX Settings > Sound... then slide the Voice slider all the way to the left to 0.

You may or may not have to exit and restart FSX... The first time I tried this before even posting above the first time, it didn't work adding to my confusion and frustration. I thought maybe it was an .INI setting to be changed somewhere. I still have not found where it states to do so in the manual(s) as inferred above.

Hope this helps.

Regards

I did not locate it in the manual however it is on the RC FAQ page:

http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#17

I suggest browsing that FAQ page for some good operational hints and solutions.

It also has been answered several times in this forum so a search should turn it off.

On another note, other than the version of FSUIPC used and the paths you enter in the RC setup, there is no distinction relating to whether you use FS9 or FSX.

Okay I think I have this all sorted now :) I notice that these settings can also be controlled in fsx.cfg SOUND_FADER4=-0.000000 and VoiceVolume=0.000000. I can increase the RC volume using the Windows Volume Mixer for the RC application when it is running.

RC uses the Win WAV mixer if you wish to balance its settings among your other audio sources external to FS.