Sign in to follow this  
gsand

SP2 Beta Question: AS Text Messages to off?

Evening Folks,

Really enjoying the SP2, especially the selection screen for flight type and the low vis improvements. Wonder if we might have the option to have the AS Text Messages off? I have 10 minute updates on and the green screen every 10 minutes is a bit distracting and lowers the immersion factor. Besides, when the weather changes real world we don't get a notice, we have to see and react...:-).

If there is a way to change it in the selections I would love to know. I know you can change it in the options after processing but I've been hesitant to save it without knowing if this will overwrite something critical.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hi,

Yes you can turn it off, in the WX option\General Option tab, disable the Show in Sim Text Message.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi,

Yes you can turn it off, in the WX option\General Option tab, disable the Show in Sim Text Message.

Thanks Chris. I know it can be turned off but when you start AS again it's back on. I found the cfg files and have changed ShowSimMessages to False, testing now to see if it holds.

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Thanks Chris. I know it can be turned off but when you start AS again it's back on. I found the cfg files and have changed ShowSimMessages to False, testing now to see if it holds.

Don't forget the Save and Apply button anytime you make a change to the settings.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Don't forget the Save and Apply button anytime you make a change to the settings.

Thanks, Dave. I thought about that but am always a bit wary about overwriting a config file. I edited the config file to messages off and it works great.

Thanks, again, for the SP2, it is a real treat.

Gerald