Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Windows 8

I've also got Windows 8 and am thinking of buying Voxatc uk, would be interested to hear if it works on Windows 8 before trying out the demo and wasting the 7 days.

If it complains about a missing US English recognizer then go to control panel and install the US English language pack.

The demo works for me in Windows 8 Pro 64bit, like it very much.

Control Panel, do a search for language pack, add English (United States), you don't have to set it as default or anything, just needs to be installed.

Ok, I think I at least know what my problem is, and it's looking pretty final to me, I will have to do a win7 install on another disk.

I have my language set up as UK English, if I go to add a language pack every language is there except US English which is what I need, settings are greyed out because microsoft do not think I should be able to change it, spent three fruitless evenings trying to sort! I cannot get the US English language pack as a download so now I have a quandary, my win8 is on a drive that is a bit tight on space so dual booting may not be an option, in which case I would need to get it on a bigger drive, time to break out Norton ghost unless anyone has a better idea.

Thanks

Me and my big mouth, sorted it about 20 minutes later, had not realised that multiple versions of English were hiding beneath the uk English. Got it working. Huge sigh of relief :-)

:) Glad you got it sorted m8, enjoy VoxATC and then go on VATSIM, will blow you away! Having both is killer.