Sign in to follow this  
mike_mnd

FS2 with VOXATC

I have been using the voice version of FS2 for the PMDG NGX (latest Service Packs for both programmes) for some time and the other day purchased VOXATC which works fine

However, unable to load FS2 crew now .... the click spot has gone. If I load the interface from the FSX instrument view drop down menu it looks fine but advises that their is a problem with SDK and unable to use, although the pilot speaks and hears you but it is not interfacing correctly.

I have reloaded FS2 using Admin rights a couple of times but same problem exists.

Any suggestions as to the next best steps?

Using Win7 and as I said, no problems with FS2 up to now.

Thanks

Mike

Hello Bryan,

Pleased you know the solution

Thanks

Mike Dainty

Perth, Western Australia

Hi Mike,

SDK warning: Please do a forum search for lots of discussion regarding that warning. There's about 5 or 6 things you can try. The NGX SDK uses Simconnect unfortunately, and Simconnect can be a bit fussy.

If you get the SDK warning message, FS2Crew will still work and you'll hear sounds, it just won't be able to read data out of the NGX, which will trip up the FO.

Click spot missing:

You probably ran the PMDG NGX performance manager, which unfortunately deletes the FS2Crew clickspot entry in the VC.

The best way to open/close the main panel is to not even use the click spot.

Just use this method:

Special Tip:

You can also assign a Keyboard or Joystick button to open and close the Main Panel.

• To create your "Toggle Main Panel" assignment, create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu

• You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both).

IMPORTANT: Your PMDG 737 NGX
cannot
use the same key assignment for any PMDG 737 NGX Key Command function, or the Main Button will not work!

So, for example, if you use "C" as your keyboard assignment for the Main Button, you cannot use "C" for any PMDG 737 NGX KEY ASSIGNMENTS.

•  

autofeather2.jpg

Bryan,

Thanks for your reply ... set up the shortcut okay but still the SDK error. Reloaded NGX, reloaded FS2 Crew (all latest versions) and tried without liveries being installed.

I'll keep trying a process of elimination ... may be something to do with ACARS trackers for virtual airlines I use but they worked okay with FS2 Crew before

Mike Dainty

Bryan,

For your info the issue seems to be tied up with VoxAtc in that to use that program you have to load a flightplan into the FSX planner, save the flight, then re-load it. This requirement seems to upset FS2Crew (or at least in my setup) as when I do that I always get A SDK error and it doesn't work properly. If I don't load the flight then FS2Crew works fine. So unless you have a suggestion, looks like I can't use the NGX with both programs going. I'll also try the VoxAtc Forum to see if anyone else has the same trouble

Regards

Mike Dainty

Hi Mike,

I have been using the combo NGX/FS2Crew/VoxATC without problems.

I'm not sure if that can be a solution of your particular problem but it may have to do with your way to start the flight.

You don't have to "reload the flight".

1. Create a flightplan with any flightplanner (I use FsBuild) and save it to your FSX flightpan folder.

2. Start FSX and position your chosen aircraft on the departure airport at any parking you prefer.

3. Set date and time if necessary.

4. Load the flight plan (say No to move aircraft).

5. Save the flight.

6. Start the flight.

7. Start FS2Crew and VoxATC.

Regards, Andreas Gutzwiller

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller