Sign in to follow this  
speedbird762

Networked PC's and FSCrew

Hi there.

After few days of using this software I found this as a great addon. At the moment the "button" version is installed on my "server" PC and I wondering if the "voice" version can be installed on my "client" PC because rest of my addons like AS2012, FSInn, ACARS, etc. is running on it. The network is established by router and wire with static IP'c and my question is that the FSCrew do work in this configuration?

Best Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

FS2Crew consists of 'gauge' files that are loaded via the host aircraft's panel.cfg file (like any other instrument gauge).

So it's not possible to network them.

FS2Crew is not resource intensive.... there's no real advantage to running it on a separate PC.

Best,

The only problem is that I am a Vatsim member and I love to flying under ATC. Here is no options I can were two head sets same time, ok? I can set up different PTT buttons, one for ATC and another for FSCrew, but two head sets is like a bit too much on my head... I am lucky I am not using Track IR.... Can you picture my head then? Hehehe.... I can ;)

Is it something to think about it?

Regards

Rob

Hei Rob,

I'm using FS2Crew while flying under VATSIM. I can tell you quickly how my setup works:

I'm running two PC's; the one that runs FSX & FS2Crew (host) and the one with addons like ActiveSky, Navigraph, Virtual Airline stuff as well as Squawkbox (client). I use one headset for everything.

The microphone cable from my headset goes via a y-splitter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-jack-plugs-Stereo-Audio-Y-Splitter-1-Female-2-Male-Adapter-Cable-Black-/320978367312) into both PC's.

The speaker of the headset is plugged into the host PC.

I have another audio cable connecting the client with the host PC. This goes from the speaker or line-out of the client PC to the line-in of the host PC. So I hear everything happening on the client PC as well on the host PC.

One button on my yoke is the programmed to be the ptt-button for squawkbox. For that you need FSUIPC and WideFS. It is possible to send the button command from the host via WideFS to the client. The same button activates the soft-mute of FS2Crew. So as soon as I press ptt for VATSIM, FS2Crew goes into soft-mute.

It works like a charm for me. If you have problems with it you could also run squawkbox and FS2Crew on the same PC. I think the overhead of squawkbox is not that big. Just remember to set your ptt buttons accordingly to mute FS2Crew at the same time.

I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it helps you anyway. By the way: I use TrackIR ;).