Sign in to follow this  
travis26

Turbulence Ahead

Hello, I just wanted to start off saying thank you for this amazing weather addon. I can't remember the last time I caught myself with my jaw dropped open looking at fsx :) I understand for the time being there is not any turbulence with this weather but are there any plans for future updates to include it? The camera shake just feels like my pilot is constantly having a seizure.

-Travis

Aircraft bump is planned (which in conjunction with LWE and LC) will - hopefully - give us turbulence. As for the "seizures" you can always turn down the shaking effect via the sliders in the DCM menu.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Hi Travis

The DHM is intelligently tied into the weather, amongst other things, but you can tone it down on the sliders as speedyTC has suggested.

Until we do the 'bump aircraft' for turbulence on the aircraft itself you can use the standard FSX turbulence which is set via the FSX menu option - Options, Settings, Display. Select the Weather tab, there is an option for turbulence and thermal effects on the aircraft. There is also a TurbulenceScale setting in FSX.cfg under [Weather].

Cheers

Cheryl