Sign in to follow this  
n454mw

Loading and the CG

Hi, I haven't had this plane for very long but its absolutly one of my favorites, especially since as soon as I downloaded it I installed Bernt's modified FDE file. If that wasn't available I probably wouldn't have made the purchase.

I was wondering about the CG though. In the tundra version I load the plane as follows

Pilot seat 225 pounds

Right front 200 pounds

Middle row 150 pounds a piece

Back row 175 pounds a piece

baggage area 44 pounds

I realize that this is a very full load, however, I don't have any trouble getting the plane off of the ground, but it does seem very tail heavy. With the trim set at neutral the plane almost immediately stalls. In this configuration the only way to stop this is to trim it to about 2/3 nose down trim and then it still wants to climb at 800 to 1000 fpm. When loading the silly little CG gauge in FSX shows really far forward CG. Does the way I'm loading the plane seem wrong or is the trim supposed to be like that in RL? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

I do exactly the same thing with the forward trim on takeoff as a result of reading something somewhere. Sorry I can't tell you where it was, I just remember being surprised at how it helped the takeoff so much.

SkipperMac