Sign in to follow this  

I wonder if someone can help on a problem that I have seen no reference to anywhere. I like to start my MAAM DC3 using the FSX starter keys, i.e. ctrl+1 etc. (I use voice recognition software so this works well.) However, recently when I do this (having turned all the appropriate switches on) the aircraft literally leaps 200 feet in the air. Yes, I mean 200 feet, straight up. It then slowly crashes to the ground out of control. This only happens with the ctrl+1, ctrl+2 keys - with ctrl+E everything is fine, both engines start. I have tried to isolate what effects this, without success. The only thing that comes close is that if I don't turn the avionics on until after engine start; this lessens the problem but doesn't remove it. This problem only seems to happen with the MAAM aircraft, the default DC3 for example is fine.

This has always happened to some extent, but very rarely. Now, it happens all the time. Apart from adding some scenery, I have not changed my FSX set-up. The problem occurs all over the world, incidently. Any ideas?

Sorry Mikey, this is another one of those "never heard this one before" instances - and a really outlandish one, at that. Holy leaping Dakotas, Batman! Let us know if you ever figure it out.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org