Sign in to follow this  
ChiCotje

FSX acting weird (camera shaking)

I have fsx installed with service pack 1 and 2 with the following addons.

-REX

-PMDG 737 ngx

-PMDG 737 Sp1

No EZdok installed.

Yep everything legal!

I have the UIAutomationCore.dll in the root folder of fsx. and run fsx.exe in compatibility mode with winxp service pack 2 and with "run as administrator" enabled.

Now here it comes. Whatever I do.. Really whatever I do my camera is acting weird in virtual cockpit mode. Its like the camera is acting in drunken mode or something. In 2d panel mode everything works fine but the moment I start to accelerate with the aircraft the camera is shaking like hell and the gound goes in blurr mode... See the added picture to see what I mean. Sometimes, just sometimes when I start a flight I'm lucky and everything works PERFECT. It's really strange because other games are working just fine. I formatted my PC several times to try to fix this problem.

Here are my comp specs:

-Windows 7 64 bit

-Duo core E8500 3.16 GHz

-4 GB DDR2 Ram

-Gygabyte Geforce GTX 660 Ti

I didn't overclocked my videocard or cpu.

My windows resolution matches with my fsx's resolution (1280x1024 32 bit)

Can someone help me with this problem? Plxx? I'm struggling with this for some time now and it's starting to annoy me... :-(

Your scenery texture resolution is set too high causing the ground to rise above the runways. Turn down the texture resolution slider to about 5m and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't fix the problem (and it should), then you'll need to download and install new scenery for the airport as the elevation is not correct. BTW, what airport are we looking at?

Not sure why you have uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx directory. Were you getting CTD's when running FSX? It mainly fixes a problem when clicking on the fsx menu. I don't have this dll in my fsx folder as well as many others. This crash only occurs to a small portion of the flightsim community. You could have the wrong version in there as only a certain version works. What you are doing is trumping out the uiautomationcore.dll that comes with Windows.net. I would remove it from your fsx directory and place it in a temporary folder if you have not had crashes in the past.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello, thanx for replying. I tried the thingie you described but it didn't work. The airport is EHAM but this hapens on any airport. I uploaded an video on youtube to describe my problem better .Everything looks normall when standing still ( 0 spd) untill the airplane starts to move. And this hapens with any plane not just the PMDG 737.

Link video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRZVBkWLWM

Reinstall your graphics card drivers. I've seen something like this with DX10 Preview but not as bad. It looks like you have your fsx settings set way too high.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers, putted the graphics settings back to low and it's still there. Guess I'm screwed...

Yes, I'm sorry there appears to be nothing else that can be done. You said you uninstalled and reinstalled and formatted your harddrive several times so deleting your FSX.cfg and letting the config rebuild wouldn't work as it was rebuilt when you reinstalled FSX. Texture resolution slider raises/lowers the ground level around airports and you said that wasn't it. You don't have DX10 enabled so that can't be that issue. You are not overclocked. Did you remove the uiautomationcore.dll as I suggested previously? I'm thinking for solutions.... When you install FSX, SP1 and SP2, certain versions of Microsoft.net are installed which the developers used to make sure FSX runs properly. The installer also looked for Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables and especially looked for the 2005 and 2005 w/SP1, and 2008 versions. Microsoft Visuals are used by developers (in this case Microsoft, REX, and PMDG) to make sure their programs are installed correctly. If you do not have those installed, you will have problems running FSX. I think though that your issue is caused more by a graphics glitch which could result from a combination of too high fsx settings, too high display driver settings, a bad video card (less likely), or possibly overheating.

You have a low-end CPU in comparison to the modern CPU's being used for FSX so you will have to keep your sliders down low. Here's the facts - http://www.cpubenchm...E8500 @ 3.16GHz. You might think about upgrading your CPU to give you more power as fsx uses the CPU more than the GPU when running FSX so that is important. Again, you can run FSX on your system, but keep your sliders no higher than the default settings until you can upgrade. I remember having a system a bit more powerful that yours (had it factory overclocked to 3.7GHz) and I had to run FSX with very modest settings. Then last year I upgraded to my current system and was able to raise them higher but still I keep them from the max so I can enjoy my flight simming without crashing all the time. I get awesome graphics even though my sliders are not set to max.

Hopefully you can figure out your problem and get back to flight simming. From what I saw in the video, it would be impossible to enjoy FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanx for replying. FSX and pmdg install those microsoft thingies automatically during initial installation. I removed the dll file like you suggested. I didn't have any fsx crashes since I removed the file so I think I can leave it in my temp folder. I hope I can manage too fix this problem. The weird thing is that I didn't had this problem 1 week ago when I still had my old geforce 9500 gt 512 installed... Thanx for your help and I will let you know how I solved this problem. Hopefully in a short time.

Best regards,

Hi ChiCotje,

Have you been able to find a solution to the shaking? My FSX is doing the exact same thing. I am using 3 displays. I went from two lower end GPUs, where it did run correctly on low settings, to a pair of 2G Radeon HD 7850s. MS Flight does the exact same thing as the FSX does, just like your video shows.

I became distaught and purchased X-Plane 10 Global. It works fine, and I can stretch the view across all 3 displays.

I really like FSX though. I still use FS2004 without any problems.

Let me know if you find a fix.

Thanks much,

This might be a solution to your problem - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/. There are a couple other things you can do too - run dxdiag to see if your DirectX and drivers are installed properly (click on the Start button, type Run in the search box then look up and click on Run. Once open, type dxdiag, then enter. Check each tab for problems.

You should also run a check for corrupted system files. In the Run box, type sfc /scannow, then enter. If corrupted files are found, they will be replaced.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Looks like a video card/driver problem. I have installed FSX on XP32, Vista32, 2 Vista64, and 2 Win764, and none of them had to be run in compatability mode. Turn it off.

Go to Microsoft Downloads and update your DirectX. Windows Update does not update DirectX,

Go to Control Panel and un-jnstall your video driver. Run CCleaner. Install the driver from the CD that came with your card. Delete FSX.CFG. Start FSX by clicking FSX.EXE. If that doesn't work, I would try another video card.

Dave

run fsx.exe in compatibility mode with winxp service pack 2

I have installed FSX on XP32, Vista32, 2 Vista64, and 2 Win764, and none of them had to be run in compatability mode.

Don't know how I missed that! Why compatibility with XP SP2? FSX was made for VISTA and thus Windows 7 as Windows 7 is nearly the same as VISTA with some bug fixes. This is most likely the problem.

Thanks Dave for bringing this to my attention.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I have this same problem.  It would be nice if a solution was posted...

I have upgraded my system from 2 monitors (1 game + 1 touchscreen) which has always worked fine in all games.  To a 4 monitor system (3 game monitors in nVidia Surround as 1 screen + 1 touchscreen).  This also works fine in most games.  After I did this FSX worked ok at first.  That was about 2 weeks ago.  Now it is all jumpy and shaky.  Depending on the view, both the aircraft and scenery shake wildly, or just the aircraft shakes and the terrain is stable.  

I have uninstalled/Reinstalled FSX 3 times.

Tried running FSX with only my touchscreen enabled in Windows.

Tried running FSX in 1920x1080 on my main monitor (surround)

Set all graphics to the lowest possible.

Checked all wireless mice/keyboards in the house to be off. (except the one I am using)

Disabled my game controllers.

Uninstalled my nVidia drivers and reinstalled newer ones.

None of this has helped.  But now that I write this, I am thinking of disabling all of my wireless keyboard and mice, and trying my old normal keyboard.  Because that IS about the only change I made in the past 2 weeks.  I'll post back if that is an issue.  

Well, it wasn't my wireless keyboard.  I replace that with my wired one and still had the problem.

Then I remembered that I had a dual boot system.  So, I booted over to the other boot and installed FSX.  That fixed the shaky problem.  So it wasn't a hardware problem.  Seems like it has to be a software problem.

But I then had a new problem.  My TrackIR would not center correctly.  No matter what I did, it always was centered to the rear/left facing about 300° (left a little).  This could not be fixed with any software updates, ect..  

So I have now restored a basic Windows install from a backup image and will be testing with that soon.  

I re-imaged my other boot drive with a basic Windows 7 backup image with nothing extra on it, and that fixed my problems.  So, it was not hardware.  Something software related, but I don't have any idea except something about my nVidia Surround in my old Windows 7 was confusing things..