Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

ftx central help

Hi all

I'm a bit of a noob regarding orbx scenery and have a question regarding ftx central.

Reading the docs I get the impression that you can only have one area active at a time,I currently have the pnw and england areas,my question is how or what is the best way to use both areas if you were carrying out a flight from say Boeing field to London Heathrow. for example. and what is the point of ftx central

many thanks

Pete Little

Hello

As it stands I am afraid you have to choose either departure or destination with ORBX scenery.

(Either PNW Boeing Field or EN London Heathrow)

JV, Holger and other developers explained the FSX limitations and technical difficulties of having both areas active at the same time.

They also suggested that if you want to see both areas you could:

Save flight midflight -> quit ->change areas and restart.

This will not work if you use VATSIM, IVAO or IMO if you are using an advanced addon Airplane.=(

Sorry but that’s the way it is. Unless some genius comes up with another solution.

Cheers.

Unless some genius comes up with another solution.

I've been told that the solution is in the FSX SDK so you don't have to be a genius, you only have to read... ^_^ Orbx could have prevented this odd situation if they had read it better (or if they had decided to now take the easiest way) but now it's too late to reverse the situation.

You are probably correct Jeroen, and I read that too.

But since they didn't, then some genius will have to devise a solution for in game scenery change without breaking up or crashing FSX.