Sign in to follow this  
bereeves72

Landing Light and Taxi Light footprints

Hey all,

Have you noticed the footprint of the landing lights and taxi lights for this aircraft. The look doesn't wash out the taxiway or runway, it actually lights it up the correct way. I like this style so much but I can't for the life of me figure out where this code or effect comes from.

I would like to add this footprint effect to my other carenado aircraft..(ie A36 and C210). Has anyone played with this yet? If not, have any ideas on where I should start? I know that it isn't located in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg as that deals with the source. I thought for sure it would be in the effects section too but have had no luck finding it there.

Please help!!!

Hi,

I really believe it is hardcoded into the model and not exchangeable. You can take a look at A2A´s shockwave lights which also give a nice 3D-volumetric touch to the lights to the "standard" light-styles, but not to the ground.

hard coded onto model. you cannot add unless you have the original model. dont think carenado will ever make that available.

You can reverse engineer and de-compile the miodel file, but you will loose all coding into the model. really not an option.

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me on this.

That's disappointing that we can't get this great effect added to the others. Perhaps in the future we'll all be lucky enough to see a proper footprint patch for all Carenado models.

Andy, I purchased A2As shockwave lights about a year ago. They are much better than the stock versions. Haven't put them on this model yet.

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me on this.

That's disappointing that we can't get this great effect added to the others. Perhaps in the future we'll all be lucky enough to see a proper footprint patch for all Carenado models.

Andy, I purchased A2As shockwave lights about a year ago. They are much better than the stock versions. Haven't put them on this model yet.

Take a look into this post for adding Shockwave-lights to the Malibu:

http://forum.avsim.n...nfigs-anywhere/

Cheers!