Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Saw an Airbus super transport at KBUF

But it left before I could get a picture :(I was driving by the Buffalo Niagara airport last night, and I caught a glimpse of it from far away. I drove around until I was able to get close enough to see it and it was this one:http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0047...atic=yes&size=LI didn't have my camera with me, so I waited until this morning and drove back there but it was already gone. I heard Fedex was evaluating them, but I was surprised to see it at Buffalo. The runway there is only 8104 feet I beleive. I'm sure it can operate empty, but not sure if it is a viable option from a smaller city.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This same aircraft (tail number 3) was just shown on the noon news sitting here in Albuquerque. It is suppose to pick up some special cargo here. Now we know where it flew when it left BUF.Terry

Ugly, ugly airplane. You know that saying that goes 'helicopters can't fly, the earth just repels them because they are so ugly'? I think we can change that to "Airbus Super Transports can't fly, the earth just repels them because they are so ugly!' :) :-lolI do like it though, however ugly it is.