Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

OSM2XP been a while......building height issue

Guys, back last winter I was messing with this and had the core of Toronto looking pretty good as far as sky scrappers go. Now when I try to create a scenery from fresh OSM data I can't get any "tall" buildings.

Using osm2xp 2.0.2.

I notice there is a setting under xp10 options for "exclude buildings which largest wall is over "x" meters" and the largest value is 100m, which is way too low. Some buildings in Toronto are 3x that height. I'm sure I had this working before in this version, can't seem to get it to work now.

Any ideas?

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Hi Muskoka,

This option is here to exclude buildings based on the size (width) of a wall, not the height.

It's goal is to exclude large buildings, wich will look ugly rendered with facades ( a custom 3D object would be the best for these buildings)

What osm source are you using ?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Just using a section of the downtown core of Toronto from OpenStreetMap. Here's the area. This isn't the actual download, it's close. It may need to be re-sized for download size restrictions.

Thanks....Glen

Edit: Just checked, and all my edits from last spring are still there, "building:levels". Like I said, it worked before, just don't know what I'm doing wrong this time. I must be leaving something out.

It is creating 1997 buildings according to the stats, it's just the heights that are incorrect.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Just made a test, and as you say, no tall building.

I checked in my code and it's extracting the right values, i checked in WED and objects have the right height.

So maybe it's a bug with current xp10 version, i'll check tomorrow on older xp version ( i think i still have a xp9 install somewhere).

Thanks Ben, I removed all my older installs, will have to re-install myself to do some testing.