Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Jeppesen FD & TC

I am looking at alternate ways of using charts in the cockpit and right now I am using the conventional big binder paper chart subscription from Jep. I own an ipad and have downloaded JeppFD which looks really good, I'd buy the california package if I do end up getting the subscription. However I found Jeppesen TC also and was wondering what the difference was between the two apps. And if anybody has used these products before and could give me some input as to what they are like.

Thanks a lot.

When I fly corporate we use JeppTC because of it's stability. JeppFD would always crash on us and the GPS would never sync to the program so we gave it up.

For maps and situational awareness we use Fore Flight as well. I didn't upgrade my subscription to Fore Flight because of the lack of corporate flying I've been doing this year.