Sign in to follow this  

Which airline operates the longest non-stop route?

I know that SAA operates a non-stop from JFK - Johannesburg (7963 mi., according to itn.net). LA - Sydney comes in at 7483 mi.Are there any that are longer?GS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Continental used to have a non-stop flight from Newark to Hong Kong using a 777. I think the flight was around 16 hours. I tried finding it on their web site but I can't. They might have stopped it since the SARS outbreak. Qantas' flight from LA to Melbourne is a pretty long one. I read somewhere that they are planning non-stop from Melbourne to DFW with the 744ER.Cheers,

Yes, you're right. Continental's nonstop from EWR-HKG is around 8060 mi. Couldn't find any info on Qantas's MEL-DFW nonstop, either on their website or elsewhere... would you have a link to this info?GS

wow! Melbourne - DFW......ouch!Continental's flight 98/99 IS temporarily on hold due to SARS. but as far as i know it IS the longest currently scheduled flight. UAL used to fly nonstop JFK-VHHH which eeked out CO's flight by a couple of miles, but the cancelled it not too long ago.chris

Very interesting, Arthur... thanks for the info. I live in Fort Worth, but this is the first I'd read about Qantas's planned nonstop, which according to the article is SYD-AKL-DFW, not MEL-AKL-DFW.Interesting info on Conti's EWR-HKG trans-polar flight:http://airtransportbiz.free.fr/Networks/COEWRHKG.htmlGS