Sign in to follow this  
jc6828

Using downloaded airports

I have been trying to use airports in x-plane 10 but with no success.

I downloaded the RAF Marham one but when using that all I got was a runway in the middle of nothing but sea.

I have just tried EGCC Manchester and when trying to use that the application just closes down on me after telling me it can't find a facade of some sort.

I had downloaded the file EGCC Manchester International_v2F.zip and opened it to find a file - EGCC Manchester International_v2F inside. I copied this into the custom scenery folder of X-Plane 10 and tried to run it using that airport but as explained above the whole application just shut down on me.

When copying it to the custom scenery folder my machine said it had a problem and had to copy it without encryption, that is the only mal indication I had.

Am I doing something terribly wrong here, I have tried lots of other files like Gibralter and Gatwick but can't get any of them to actually run properly I either just get blank water with a runway or the aforementioned 'can't find a facade' type error.

Any help in getting these airports actually working would be greatly appreciated.

I have just tried EGCC Manchester and when trying to use that the application just closes down on me after telling me it can't find a facade of some sort.

Well, most of the Airports need object libraries like OpenScneryX. In fact most airports use parts of this library, but there are others.

And if you find an airport surrounded by water, you probably forgot to insert DVD 1 of X-Plane 10.

If you have nothing but water, you don't have that scenery loaded from the DVD's

My DVD1 is permanently in my DVD player so that it doesn't start up in demo mode. I also did a full load of everything so nothing I need should be missing.

The Marham one I was trying to use was downloaded from the downloads on this site and put into the X-Plane folder as described above, as were all the others that won't work properly.

How do I check if I have OpenScneryX available?

Thanks Longranger, I just wish I had known about that before now - my opinion of X-Plane has just increased immeasurably with some decent airports to fly from.