Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Garcia

Question about CPU and VGA

Hello

I recently bought the 737 of PMDG and I'm getting 25 FPS in virtual cockpit BUT default airports with Active sky Evolution. Sometimes that frames go down to 15 FPS It makes me "unhappy" hehe. I don't want to image how many frames I will get with Aerosoft airports and .... Here is my speecs

Intel I5 650 3.20 GHz

ASUS GeForce GTS250 1GB

4 Memory RAM

Windows 7 64bts.

I dont have which cooler I have to make it coolder !!

Well,, I would like you tell me what you would change of my computer, If I get a new Graphic Card or a new Intel hehehe. I know there is a possiblity to "overclock" the CPU but I dont know how can I do it so... Any advices are welcome :) Thank you very much

Ivan from Spain ! :)

The CPU is generally considered to be more important for overall performance. Upgrading the graphics card may improve performance involving clouds, water, etc.

If you feel comfortable doing so, yes. My i7-3770 is not overclocked, yet I still receive decent performance. With DirectX 10, I receive approximately 25 frames per second in the PMDG B747 virtual cockpit and 45+ frames per second with external views.

Yep. Of what I want is getting more frames when I install an aerosoft scenery. Getting 25 frames is ok for me in virtual cockpit.

If you feel comfortable doing so, yes. My i7-3770 is not overclocked, yet I still receive decent performance. With DirectX 10, I receive approximately 25 frames per second in the PMDG B747 virtual cockpit and 45+ frames per second with external views.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt PMDG made advances with their newer planes (MD11, NGX) in which the frame rates are better than the 747? If that's the case, then your frame rates should hopefully be even better than 25 with the 777 (and the 747X) when they're released.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt PMDG made advances with their newer planes (MD11, NGX) in which the frame rates are better than the 747? If that's the case, then your frame rates should hopefully be even better than 25 with the 777 (and the 747X) when they're released.

I believe you are correct. I am hoping to receive the B737 for the holidays!