Sign in to follow this  
Mitchell W

Fatal Erroring in Fresh Install of FSX + Accel

So I made a topic a while back for a simillar error, ending up going on a few different forums trying a lot of solutions (thought it was an FSInn issue) though none worked.

I decided to delete ALL remains of FSX on my PC and do fresh reinstalls.

Installed FSX (No service packs) - Game would randomly minimize with no errors or anything

Installed Acceleration - Got a system32/uiautomationcore.dll fatal error when using menus after a while

Downloaded Vista Version of DLL - Got a fatal error when using menus after twice as long as without the file. Error Log Below

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffff0000
Faulting process id: 0x1a70
Faulting application start time: 0x01cde3049e7162e5
Faulting application path: G:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 6fa16f72-4f03-11e2-a7c1-00241dce5617

Full Error Report: http://pastebin.com/gvs4aLYi

Running Process List: http://pastebin.com/kqmimLVq

(Notepad++, cmd.exe, tasklist.exe, origin and steam were not running when FSX was booted with this error)

Plus, it it normal, when FSX is run, the desktop's theme becomes basic with this in the event viewer?

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0)

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

16gb DDR3 RAM

ATI HD 5850 1gb Video Card

Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8ghz

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + CH Pro Pedals

Thank you.

With the faulting module being unknown, it's difficult to track down what is exactly causing the error. However, your exception code, 0xc000005 can be associated with a driver problem.

Have you recently updated drivers?

You could try a system restore and restore your computer back to an earlier date and see if it fixes the problem.

I haven't installed or updated drivers since the last time I had the problem. When I updated my graphics card drivers it had no effect.

Sorry, sort of skipped over some other information from your previous post. Did you say you still had the uiautomationcore.dll in your FSX folder? If so, remove it for now until we know your problem is fixed.

Also, try re-downloading the drivers for your card and updating them again. Won't hurt anything, and will provide a clean install so we can rule that out.

That's interesting that you continued to get menu crashes even though you placed the Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder. A lot of people think this is the holy grail of fixing menu related crashes. I have always attributed it to a memory issue as the uiautomationcore.dll belongs with the dotnet package automatically installed with Windows 7. Dotnet was never automatically installed for Vista and earlier OS's. I agree with Scarlett (Summer1) that you should try removing it and placing it in a temporary directory. FSX and FSX addons install various versions of dotnet. You can see all of them installed in your c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework folders. FSX installed Version 1.1 on my system. Version 4.0 came with Windows 7. Make sure you run Windows update so that these versions can be updated.

Although probably not a problem, I do not like the uiWatchdog.exe program running. It's part of the Trend security programs. I would uninstall that and install Microsoft Essentials, a freeware security program.

The last program to be loaded before FSX crashed was LoadedModule[170]=G:\Games\FSX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL. May not be the cause but you might make sure this is installed correctly. Some malware and anti-virus programs give false positives when loading FSX gauges and Watchdog or another program may have prevented components to be located with the gauge.

Best regards,

jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

After disabling Trend Micro and putting the vista UIAutomationCore.dll back in to the FSX folder, I have done two successful one hour flights (though my FPS isn't too great, gonna have to play with settings).

-Disabled Trend Micro (Closed it down)

-Copied UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 into FSX directory

Thanks everyone!