Sign in to follow this  
candy

re SDK error

over the last week ihave been getting sdk error whenever i load an aircraft other than the house ac in pmdg737/8/9 I have reinstalled pmdg + upgrade reinstalled fs2crew 1.5 voice version a past post reported this same problem seemingly no one had a real answere to it so it was hung out to dry so perhaps i might get lucky.

f cann

The most common cause of this is the end user starting in the VC

A easy fix is to start in the 2D then switch to the VC

Another option "although tedious" you can click on "end flight" and then click "Fly Now" again

This will reload you back how you wanted it without having to restart FSX or re-install :D

Bryan will probably give you more information when he sees this

Hope that helps

Steven hi

I always start in the 2d mode however i followed your advice but in the reversed order i finished in the 3d veiw IT WORKED

out of 7 liveries in the 800 winglets version i got six to load ok I wont delve any deeper into the problem just leave well alone

Thanks for the help

f cann

No problem glad it helped

When i get the SDK error i just end the flight (without quiting FSX) and then click fly now again

Sometimes its easy to just click "Restart Flight"

Im sure Bryan will chip in with his 5cents later

The SDK uses Simconnect.

Simconnect can sometimes be a bit funky.

Generally speaking (it varies from user to user), things that can sometimes trigger the SDK error are:

1. Not starting in the 2D cockpit (please check the manual for more on this). You can still use the VC, just ensure the plane loads into the 2D cockpit by default. Granted, some people can load the VC direct and have no issues with the SDK, so it goes on a case by case basis.

2. Sometimes certain 3rd party liveries have been known to generate the SDK warning. Try using an official PMDG livery.

3. Sometimes using saved situation files can generate the warning. On my setup, the trike is the default aircraft visible when FSX loads.

I can sill load the NGX directly from free flight, but the trike is the one I see in the display first.

I do not use saved situation files, as they've always been problematic in the history of FS even going back several versions of FS.