Sign in to follow this  
Air France

Air France B777-300ER

Hi All,

Few days go I took a trip back home to France and I flew with Air France. I flew on a B777-300ER to Paris CDG. I got the opportunity to land in the Cockpit in CDG. It was AMAZING!! Thank you so much to the Crew! On they way back to the US i could not land in the Cockpit as the seat was already taken by someone else ;( but I still got to go during the flight and stayed for about 45 mins. Below are some pictures I took!

46373_425068547566262_2059940833_n.jpg538428_424509784288805_418089077_n.jpg397698_425682077504909_1539164730_n.jpg531292_425679767505140_200671553_n.jpg

Some shots from CDG

389692_425693480837102_1785183266_n.jpg531948_425693354170448_543045874_n.jpg

Wonderful. I love the Triple Seven. I knew a real Austrian 777 Pilot. He give me all 777 Manuals for the PMDG 777. :wub:

Awesome! I've seen a few Air France cockpit landing videos on YouTube by seemingly ordinary people. Are the company cockpit security policies just looser? How about those of KLM?

Did you personally possess any special conditions/credentials (e.g., age, nationality, passenger class, real-world piloting experience, etc.) that might have increased your chances of being allowed in the cockpit, or do all passengers seem to have the same opportunity given the correct amount of enthusiasm and politeness? If the latter is the case, I really want to fly on Air France!

I was allowed a visit to the cockpit of a Cathay Pacific B777-200 (thanks to the kindness of the chief flight attendant and pilots) on my last flight out of Taipei, but the pilots said that I had to leave shortly before pushback. I really wanted to touch the yoke and compare its feel with that of my Saitek yoke, but did not want to be obtrusive. I was surprised at how "matte-y" the displays were (they looked fuzzy instead of razor sharp) and at their size in general.

Awesome! I've seen a few Air France cockpit landing videos on YouTube by seemingly ordinary people. Are the company cockpit security policies just looser? How about those of KLM?

Did you personally possess any special conditions/credentials (e.g., age, nationality, passenger class, real-world piloting experience, etc.) that might have increased your chances of being allowed in the cockpit, or do all passengers seem to have the same opportunity given the correct amount of enthusiasm and politeness? If the latter is the case, I really want to fly on Air France!

I was allowed a visit to the cockpit of a Cathay Pacific B777-200 (thanks to the kindness of the chief flight attendant and pilots) on my last flight out of Taipei, but the pilots said that I had to leave shortly before pushback. I really wanted to touch the yoke and compare its feel with that of my Saitek yoke, but did not want to be obtrusive. I was surprised at how "matte-y" the displays were (they looked fuzzy instead of razor sharp) and at their size in general.

I told that that I was flying to be a pilot when I was younger (Which is true) and that I really loved avaiation. Air France Crew are usually very nice! About 4 years ago they also let me land in CDG in a B747-400 :)

I told that that I was flying to be a pilot when I was younger (Which is true) and that I really loved avaiation. Air France Crew are usually very nice! About 4 years ago they also let me land in CDG in a B747-400

I would love to sit in the cockpit of a landing B747-400, especially since it is the aircraft I fly most frequently in FSX and one of my favorites. Usually I do not bother asking on flights to the United States, as there is a much higher chance of being denied due to strict safety regulations. Too bad many B747-400s are being phased out—it must have been a really grand experience to sit in the cockpit of one! If I ever fly on Air France, I must immediately take the opportunity and ask whether cockpit visits are allowed, especially while I am still not quite old enough (at least to drive a car!) to be considered a serious threat.