Sign in to follow this  

This is great work! Some 3D objects really improve things. :smile:

This is great work! Some 3D objects really improve things. :smile:

It does down low. I love flying over photogen but I hate landing in utter flatness. I'm working to create some realistic objects in Instant Object Studio that can be used broadly by people that want to add objects in other areas. Houses aren't too bad...it generally takes about 25 minutes to create a custom house to scale...some take longer if I don't have textures at the ready. It's a balancing act. You add detail to make it real and then fly over it with a Cessna and realize that hardly anyone is going to notice some of the details so you back off on the detail and that saves some time. I figure that if I can create about 30 different variations of each style of house it'll be relatively sufficient. 30 ranches...30 clay roofs...30 colonials. After that, make various warehouses, some more options on hangars, update some big box department stores. Hotels have, so far, been a real pill...creating night textures stinks. The tool lets you manipulate images for the day texture but creating a night texture from that has been challenging.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Great. I really hope it's possible to share your work once it's done? :smile:

Sure. It's extremely easy to install and uninstall. I want to do some more things before I unleash it on the world...LOL.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Gregg, one thing you might consider if you want more variety for buildings, especially houses, is perhaps using Google Earth Sketchup to accumulate (or create) buildings and convert them into a library that you can use over and over again and share with your creations.

Just an idea...

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I've purchased both Object and Scenery studio ... pretty cool tool. You can import your own textures and give them a blended look - photoshop work. Only thing I can't find is a polygon count -- maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Would also be nice to have some indication of an objects memory footprint (as you work with it).

Hover your mouse over the status bar at the bottom of IOS.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp