Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

FSUIPC4 what are the benefits of registering

Hi I am stil fairly new to fsx and was considering buying this, although I am not interested in the Joystick side of it as my Saitek set up works fine as it is.

However I recently got a g3d.dll error and I understand this may prevent it? I have the unregistered version installed, would the registered version have stopped this?

Are there any other benefits from buying it, ie preventing other crashes?

Any feedback from users greatly appreciated, running on windows 7, 64 bit, i7 3770k with 16Gig Ram and 680GTX

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I use it only for the wind, barometer and temperature smoothing functions and find it's worth the registration just for that. Some people like the possibility of enhancing side skidding friction, but that doesn't require registration unless you want to tweak the values.

Best to just check the documentation or web site to see what other functions are available and how they work. My post is only a "user's report". :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hi I am stil fairly new to fsx and was considering buying this, although I am not interested in the Joystick side of it as my Saitek set up works fine as it is.

However I recently got a g3d.dll error and I understand this may prevent it? I have the unregistered version installed, would the registered version have stopped this?

Are there any other benefits from buying it, ie preventing other crashes?

Any feedback from users greatly appreciated, running on windows 7, 64 bit, i7 3770k with 16Gig Ram and 680GTX

Regards

The HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak should take care of most g3d.dll errors.

I don't think you need to register to get the g3d.dll FSUIPC bug fix.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I also 'use' the unregistered version to prevent that g3d.dll error. I also use HIGHMEMFIX but that doesn't get rid of it entirely. I started flying the 737NGX (again) some time ago and after adding Orbx England and FS2Crew to the mix I got frequent appcrashes. Then I suddenly remembered I hadn't installed FSUIPC after my last reinstall of FSX. After installing FSUIPC I haven't had an appcrash anymore, no matter how hard I tried. ^_^

If you have FSUIPC already installed and still get those crashes you might want to check which version you are using: maybe it's an old one...? Anyway, you don't need to register to 'enable' extra anti-crash options... It's all there in the free version.

Many thanks. I was flying orbx England and had previously done

a 3 hour flight with no problems. Perhaps though I should

reboot before starting another flight after a long one?

Will also check my version

Appreciate your comments

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11