Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

airplane tends to turn continuously

Gentlemen,

I think I found it thanks to you all. I went back through your posts and read them carefully; also I made a small search about the Torque Effect (back to school :smile: ) and actually this is a normal behaviour of a single engine airplane. That Torque Effect is the influence of engine torque on aircraft movement and control. Add to this my bad controller calibration and the result was as i said before very annoying. I re-calibrated again and now everything looks normal, just some small inputs on rudder trimming and here we go.

I would like also to point out, that I am proud of our hobby and the valuable support we have as a community.

Thank you once again

It's definitely P Factor - prop torque and Carenado modelled it pretty close to RL. In the sim I use the Saitek Yoke right hand thumb buttons for elevator and aileron trim. IRL, the 182 tends to wander on takeoff requiring rudder pedal correction until the rudder becomes alive controlling yaw. Once airborne you can trim the A/C for straight and level flight with the elevator and aileron control wheels. Remember though that lift increases with airspeed and the A/C won't reach equilibrium until it stops vertical and longitudinal acceleration. Also P Factor decreases with altitude and temperature.