Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Annoying tooltips keeps showing up, wont go away

Ok this is a weird anomaly. The stupid tooltips bar keeps showing up and wont go away even though it is unticked in options.

I then tried disabling directly in fsx.cfg but its already 0 or false.

I then enabled it, exited fsx and back in and disabled and exit and in , and its still there!!

Not too mention it keeps telling me that my fuel is critically low in selected tank. This is an FSX toolbar msg. The aircraft has 100k lbs of fuel.

Searching the forum brings up threads who cant get their tooltips to work. Well I need mine to be gone.

If anyone knows of a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

You could try deleting fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild it to see if that makes a difference. Backup fsx.cfg first!

Yeah I thought about that , but I have it tweaked nice now, and if I do that, then I gotta redo it all.

CYVR LSZH 

Look under the realism settings in FSX and uncheck Display Flying Tips in the upper right. What you are describing is the flying tips, not the tool tips which do things like tell you what an instrument is reading in text, or what a switch is set to.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Look under the realism settings in FSX and uncheck Display Flying Tips in the upper right. What you are describing is the flying tips, not the tool tips which do things like tell you what an instrument is reading in text, or what a switch is set to.

Hook

Ah. Your absolutly correct. Never even saw that going through the menus looking for something like that to disable. Not sure how it got enabled in the first place.

Thanks!

CYVR LSZH 

Never even saw that going through the menus looking for something like that to disable.

Even though I knew what it had to be, I won't say how long I had to search for it in the options. :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;