...okay guys, it's about time to upgrade my Saitek yoke, the one in consideration is PFC, which looks as close as possible to the real one, however, the lack of hat Switch badder me, any idea what can be used to sub this useful button ???

Appreciate any comment !

Yair

BTW

The same problem with the TQ I'm considering the GoFligh, but got used to the Saitek QT & the configurable buttons

EZCA with conveniently mapped buttons and keys?

A separate inexpensive joystick such as one by Logitech for the hat switch alone (can also be used for Airbus aircraft)?

TrackIR?

... not a great fan of the TrackIR, had it for a while & couldn't get use to it .... never tried the EZCA, can you configure it so it will preform the same way as the Hat Switch ??? ....

The joystick, well, it well be the last resort :)

Thx Zowen11 for your advice !

EZCA with conveniently mapped buttons and keys?

Yes!! A man after my own taste! Since I moved to that, my hat, even when I fly with the joystick which has a hat, is useless. I so much go used to EZCA keys, that it's WAY faster to change anything than with the hat...

Consider this: if you are right handed, then you fly with the joystick, and each time you want to click something, you have to hat-move first, then move the hand onto the mouse and click, or you can pan with the mouse conveniently, like I do (FSUIPC allows for that).

If using EZCA, I press the button, with the right hand already on the mouse, and it changes to the throttle view, for example, on which I just then have to press cutoff buttons.

Also looking left or right is super-fast, I have it mapped to 9 and 0 keys on the keyboard.

never tried the EZCA, can you configure it so it will preform the same way as the Hat Switch ???

The two are not exactly the same. The hat switch is a free-panning device, while EZCA involves setting and accessing custom views (you can also adjust camera shake). Therefore, with EZCA, you will not have the same instantly accessible freedom of head movement, but can still largely replace the hat switch by creating different cockpit views and then quickly and smoothly switching between them at the press of the hardware button or keyboard shortcut you assign.