Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnbla

Newbie question

1. What are the limitations of Opus in demo mode, ie is there a number of times you can run the demo mode?

2. When you download the weather, can you save it and use it at a later date?

Thanks.

Live Weather is limited to 100 miles and update on the ground in Demo mode. You can run it for 15 minutes with a gap of 2 minutes between each time you run it. There is no limit on the number of times you can run the demo.

Yes you can save the cuurent dynamic weather as a custom theme for use later, even in a different location.

Regards

Cheryl

Many thanks Cheryl. One question I forgot to ask before I hand over my hard earned, does Opus download worldwide weather or just the weather within a certain number of miles from your position. Thanks again.

For live weather we download all METARs within the current weather map, a 992km x 992km region centred on your aircraft, that way the weather generation and update is relatively fast. For historic data we download the relevant cycle file from NOAA which contains all METARs for that current cycle hour.

The GRIB data download provides world wide forecast data at a resolution of 1 degree of latitude and longitude. You can of course try the Demo or use the 30 day money back guarantee.

Regards

Stephen