Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flutie98

DX10 AMD Vsync Issues

Hi all,

I just found this forum a couple days ago after restarting my sim hobby that has been on hiatus for about 9 years.Wow things have changed!

Ive picked up a copy of FSX Gold, a new stick and throttle and have been having loads of fun getting back into things.

I came across the DX10 and shader tweaks yesterday and wanted to give them a shot. I followed the How-to and everything went swimmingly. FSX looks even better and performs a bit better too. However, no matter what I do I cannot get vsync to enable. Im running a AMD 6870 with cat 12.10

Ive tried every combination of Catalyst settings for vsync with the two FSX.cfg lines (ForceFullScreenVSync=1, DisablePreload=1)

Anyone have any ideas? The tearing is pretty bad with my freetrack setup and its giving me a bit of a headache when panning around the cockpit.

Thanks!

I have dual screens, and had to switch one off in Windows in order to get Vsync. I also have a utility called TeamViewer for desktop sharing, and needed to close that down too.

Simon

and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Nvidia man... :(

Yeah, Im waiting until the 660ti's drop below $200 and Ill be switching back to Nv myself.