Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard_Hill

Tools Menu in FSX

I have read and tried several sugestions on setting up EZ Scenery with no sucess. I am running FSX Gold Edition with Flight Simulator Acceleration. Some say download SDK Updates yet my DVD files are dates 09/26/2007. Could someone give me a step by step install to get things working? I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Acceleration and SDK and edited several DLL.xml documents as I anm not sure the correct one to edit. The one in my Documents/Flight Simuator X or where. A correct answer would be appreciated.

You have to install it 3 times to get it right.... Here's how to install the SDK with the FSX Gold Edition - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?200041-How-to-Install-SDK-for-FSX-Gold (easier to link than me typing it all out again). I'm sort of confused with your statement "I am running FSX Gold Edition with Flight Simulator Acceleration." The FSX Gold Edition contains both FSX Deluxe and Acceleration so I hope you are not installing the FSX Gold Edition and then Acceleration. That will certainly make things messy.

The dll.xml is located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. As you'll see in the link I provided, it shows what it will look like when properly installed.

Best regards,

Jim