Sign in to follow this  
spacedyemeerkat

Is it possible to reduce wind speed?

Having recently purchased OpusFSX, I am loving the real weather but find myself wishing I could reduce wind speed on occasion because I like flying low and slow. Is this possible at all?

Hi

Are you talking about the surface or upper winds? Turn off GRIB if you are flying low and slow and you will probably see a reduction in wind speed.

Otherwise you can import your own METARs with the Import option and set the wind to whatever you wish.

Additionally if you find some reasonable conditions when flying in live weather then you can save the current weather as a custom theme to import at a later time in any location by importing your static custom theme.

Regards

Cheryl

Thanks for the reply. I'll try turning off GRIB. Looking at winds affecting take-off and landing.

I will also try your other tips although I specifically enjoy live weather. It's just when it's a little too windy for my flying skills that I like to reduce the wind, that's all.

Heresy, perhaps, but that's the way I like it :lol:

Sure although it takes out the simplicity afforded by OpusFSX,

I would have thought the ability to have more control over aspects of live weather might at least be considered as part of an update somewhere along the line.

Thanks anyway.

I would have thought the ability to have more control over aspects of live weather might at least be considered as part of an update somewhere along the line.

I would think the clue lay in the word "live" as in realistic. Which means we would have no control over it as it's LIVE, unless of course you happen to be in the upper echelons of the USAF in which case you probably have complete control!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Yes, I understand that.

But there's no harm in offering the ability to use current weather and tweak how you see fit. AS affords users the opportunity to do so, OpusFSX sadly doesn't.

It matters to me, I guess it doesn't to you or the developer.

It was only £30 at the end of day, not the end of the world.

You could copy the current weather.txt to your own custom file, tweak the weather, then import that if you wished.

More automated user tweaking may be included in the future, I'm not discounting it, although for the moment we are concentrating on generating 'reality' as far as possible.

Regards

Cheryl

If you want to tweak "live" weather why not just use Jeppesen through FSX and change it to what you want and save money? Tweaking what is supposed to be more or less out the window realistic seems to me..ODD.

It may seem odd to you, it seems reasonable to me for the environment I want to play in. Vive la différence.

Cheryl, thank you.