Sign in to follow this  
DerStig

Microphone is not working during random flights

I have this extremely annoying and weird problem where by probably 50% of the flights I start, my microphone is not sending any commands to FO. It's not the microphone that is broken, when this happens, I can use other programs such as Skype or Teamspeak or FSInn to use my microphone, its just that when I speak, nothing happens. If I restart my FSX, same setup, things start working on their own.

Headphones : Logitech G930

Addons : FSInn, NGX, REX, GEX, UTX

I have the latest version 1.6 which I downloaded yesterday. This is extremely annoying having to restart everything, can someone please help me?

Yes, I am fairly sure mute is not on. In fact, I can attribute this to a conflict FSInn. I was just trying and if I launch FSInn and dial in to a channel or use the microphone before saying something that Fs2Crew understands, then FS2Crew never works. If I bring up fs2crew first, and say "checked" or some random command, where the green bar at the top displays the command and then I bring up FsInn, everything is fine.

Here is more info, its the PTT key. So if I do things in this order:

a) Load cold and dark panel (LONG) in NGX

B) Load the fs2crew panel

c) Load FSInn and connect to network

d) Press FSInn PTT key

The voice in fs2crew does not work. Now, I setup my soft mute so that its the same key as my PTT key (as was suggested in the documentation), maybe somehow it is toggling the mute and its getting stuck somewhere in the code (visually M is not on).

I can consistently reproduce this bug. If before step d above, I speak in fs2crew, then everything is fine.

I wonder if the FS INN PTT key is momentarily disabling your entire microphone? Or something else.

I haven't had this problem reported before, so I'm not sure.

If "M" in the FS2Crew panel is not on, then then FS2Crew is not being muted.

And even if "M" is visible, you should still see words in the Green Bar... the only difference is that FS2Crew does not "act" on what is being heard.

Try re-assigning your FS INN PTT key. Play with it a bit.

Any other FS INN users care to chime in?