Sign in to follow this  

Traffic 360 ... large drop in fps?

I recently installed Traffic 360 ... at busy airports I take a huge hit in fps ... 30 fps is typically my minimum but it'll drop to 15 fps after installing Traffic 360.

In my FSX.CFG

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

Which is not a lot of AI traffic but enough for me. However, I think Traffic 360 ignores this value or something?

In Traffic 360 there is a density setting also for Traffic Generator (which always defaults to 100% regardless, I manually set this to 20% to match my FSX.CFG setting but the value is never saved so I have to manually change it every time):

cf92635656191ee5c1d59467c6be7fc1.jpg

This doesn't change the value in the FSX.CFG ... if I set it to 40%, 60%, 100%, 150% I still get A LOT of AI traffic ... a 20% setting in Traffic 360 = about 80% setting in FSX.

I was hoping Traffic 360 would have more configuration settings other than Language choice. Perhaps I've missed something and would appreciate any input.

I would like to have control over:

1. Enable/Disable the sounds

2. Choice between hi-res and low-res aircraft

3. AI Density

A few bugs I've found:

1. Some aircraft are too large for their parking spots

2. Some aircraft are too small for their parking spots

3. I can hear a jet that is 4 miles away and 2000 feet above me (while I'm flying at 8000 feet) like I'm 10 feet away standing next to it's engine.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product and it's nice to sit their and watch the traffic ... but I'd like to have some control over it so I can make it work better on the fps front and have the option around it's sound system. I heard a rumor they are working on a SP1 for Traffic 360, but nothing confirmed.

Is there any back door into Traffic 360 where I can manually configure the product? Has anyone else notice a huge fps hit with Traffic 360?

Thanks, Rob.

I can't help you too much since I don't own the product. Does it not come with a pdf manual or anything?

robains,

If you have not already done so, I would suggest that you register on the Just Flight forums and post your issues there. It will be your best bet to getting a quick response to the issues you are experiencing. It would appear after a quick read of forum topics, there are alot of issues with Traffic 360 and a SP is already in the works.

Regards,

Bob

awesome program, ai textures and ai sounds are pretty good...I love it but with my setup at 50% traffic I see no fps hit. I bought it for around $40 a few days ago and it will be on sale for $20 this weekend. :(

If you have not already done so, I would suggest that you register on the Just Flight forums and post your issues there.

Normally I would, but Just Flight suggest NOT posting any technical issues in their forums.

I've worked thru the Traffic 360 manual some more regarding the "Density" setting and what that means. If I right click in one of those "VRF Aircraft" or "Business Aircraft" checkbox list, I will get a popup menu where I can save my settings and also generate flights. Not sure why such an important feature is hidden from plain view, but it is.

I moved FSX GA and Commerical AI Traffic settings down to 10%, still get a good amount of AI traffic considering it's only at 10% and my FPS are back up above 30 for worst case now.

Trying to get an ETA on the SP1 for Traffic 360 ... hopefully it will provide more control and fix these usability problems with the interface. Otherwise, it's a nice product and seems to be GSX friendly.

Rob