Sign in to follow this  
jtholt0016

Nose bouncy and not real stable

I purchased the Cirrus this past Friday and have flown several flights. The one thing I noticed is that it is a bit bouncy. If you are not real precise with your Joystick/yoke the front/nose will bounce up and down more than it should. It is real noticable on approach. It does not seem to settle as quickly or to be as stable in flight as the other products put out by Carenado. I think they need to look at and tune the flight dynamics of the aircraft. The front is bouncy!!!!!!

JH

I noticed the same and did a "quick and dirty" pseudo-fix of changing the aircraft.cfg entry for pitch_stability =1.0 to pitch_stability =1.5... That mod does seem to have done something to improve the pitch stability slightly on approach. Maybe it's purely anecdotal, but to me, it seemed like an improvement. If you want, give it a try and see if you notice any change.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

JH,

I've found on most Carenado planes the pitch stability has to be adjusted. That's usually the first place I go make any adjustements to any aircraft that has problems with straight and level flight or stability issues. Play around with the numbers until it "feels" just right for you. If you find you have to add even more pitch stability, be careful because you may loose your rolling. That's where you may have to go in and increase your aileron effectiveness a bit!