Sign in to follow this  
blue2

AlphaSim Hawker Huner

Finally bought the AlphaSim Hunter and am well impressed! I've been using Dave Garwood's FGA.9 for years along with repaints but the only fault I can find with AlphSim's product is that the ground-idle running speed is too high at 5000rpm, it should be 2500-2700rpm.

Is there any way of adjusting this or is it tied in with the model.cfg and .mdl?

I spent 10 years of my RAF career working on Hunters so I would like to get this right

Must be possible to correct this in Aircraft.cfg and also in the Air file

For air file modification you need Air Edit (available here or at Flightsim)

For the aircraft.cfg modification .. you only need your keyboard :lol:

I tried your suggestion of using Air Edit but couldn't see anything relating to engine speed within it , so left well alone.

I've tried altering diffent engine settings within the Aircraft.cfg but anything I do does'nt have any effect on engine speed,see below:-

[GeneralEngineData] //Rolls-Royce Avon 207 turbojet

engine_type = 1 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop

fuel_flow_scalar = 2.71 //Scalar for fuel flow efficiency

min_throttle_limit = 0.000000 //Minimum percent throttle. Generally negative for turbine reverser

engine.0 = -21.50, 0.00, 0.00 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

[TurbineEngineData] //Rolls-Royce Avon 207 turbojet

fuel_flow_gain = 0.00112 //Gain on fuel flow

inlet_area = 2.22 0.6// //15.00 //Square Feet, engine nacelle inlet area

rated_N2_rpm = 8050.00 //RPM, second stage compressor rated value

static_thrust = 10145.00 //Lbs, max rated static thrust at Sea Level

afterburner_available= 0 //Afterburner available?

afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.80

reverser_available = 0 //Thrust reverser available?

minimum_rated_N2_rpm= 2500.00

[jet_engine]

thrust_scalar=1 //0.87 //0.75

I've noticed differences between AlphaSim and Dave Garwood's Hunter FGA.9 within the .cfg file which I don't understand, such as:-

[jet_engine]

thrust_scalar=0.75 } What does this mean?

min_throttle_limit=0.000000 }

So if anyone can give me a clue on how to lower AlpaSim's ground idle speed to 2500rpm (instead of 4800rpm) I'll be very grateful.

Anyone with similiar problems would be advised to go to the ADE Flight Dynamics Forum for the answers and by using Aircraft Airfile Manager to adjust Tables 1502 to 1507.

Hey!

Does anybody know where I can find an air-file for AI flights for this beautiful aircraft?

Greetz

Jive1

I can't directly answer your question but John Young has a wonderful AI Hunter. There are numerous repaints for it, so my advice would be to use that rather than using an aircraft that isn't designed for AI

Cheers

Ian

Hey!

Thank you Kiwifklyer45,

I have the Hunter from John Young, but I have been looking specially for the red coloured Belgian Red Devils Hunter, and Alphasim seems to be the only who have that version. Unfortunately, when using same as an AI aircraft, all kinds of strange things happen with it, but no correct flying and no good landing on the planned airport....

So I tried also all air-files that I could fingd of other Hunters, but I found no one that is acceptable as a good air-file. It is that shaking that bodders me, and when I found a stable flying air-file it seems not to be able to find the airport planned for landing....

So, I hope somebody can advise me how/where to find a good working air-file for Alphasim's Hawker Hunter for FS9.

Greetz

Jive1