Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ethanhawx

Wierd Problem with Squawk Box and Vatsim

I have bee using Squawk box extensively on vatsim, and till date never had any issue...But lately what has been happening is that I am recieving all the transmissions from all stations in a garbled manner..

But the funny thing is that when I keep my mouse pointer on the squawk box window and keep it clicked, I can hear all the transmissions clearly but as soon as I release the mouse click , again the garbled transmission.... : (

I have tried installing and uninstalling, I have also tried FsIn which is encountering the same problem..dont know why...Its like if I have to transmit I need to pause the sim everytym,

I am using a corsair vengance gaming usb headphone....

Any help would be highly appreciated .. : )

there is a check box somewhere in options or settings "realistic vhf distortion" maybe that is the issue

Regards;

Fritz

Yes I tried that Mr Fritz but it didnt solve the problem, .,....Its becomingg a real pain in the !@!@ . Trying to get it fixed

have you tried running squawkbox from another pc or a laptop? I know it can be done, I forgot the procedure it involves making a text file to tell simconnect where fsx is. If you have a spare laptop or something you could try that. Also, check the volume levels, I know it's obvious, but sometimes obvious is right.

Regards;

Fritz

Ahh what a relief ....and yes its finally solved..

The problem was caused because when i had installed the antec 620 I had removed all my USB jacks.

Unfortunately i had put my USB headphone jack which is 2.0 into a USB port which is 3.0.

How this can cause a problem I dont know but changing it back to 2.0 solved it...pheeww :P what a relief...

What good came out of it ...

well I have now changed over to FSIN which looks and feels a lot better than SB4 atleast the AI traffic does..

Morale of the story : " everything Happens for a reason " :)