Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

w7

Hello folks I sure hope you can help me , I have been dealing with this network problem for a month now.

I have four computers networked together , all in the same workgroup.

As far as I know all drives have been shared and secured.

To prove this I can go from one computer too the next which I could do, I could go from 1 com and get files and send them to another no problems.

But it wont stay that way , now all of a sudden I cannot get into this one computer files ,it says I need a username and password.

Don’t know why I never gave it one .

I finally manage to get into the files , found some security issues like making sure that Everyone has full control, I saw that it was unchecked again, so I checked them again and a few other spots to make sure, did a restart.

For some reason I could get back into all computers files, was happy with myself , I could now proceed with simming.

Walked away to get something to eat , come back to check files again and there it was again I need a user name and password for the same computer.

So I checked the sharing and security and all was well on all coms ,but I still cannot get into this one computer.

Well after a couple more hours I was able to get into said computer.

Checked to see if all coms were good to go , they were not now I cannot get into another computer , and now I can get into the one that was causing problems.

So I went to bed and got up the next morning , and guess what im now locked out again of the original com , and can get into the other one now.

What the heck is going on…..what am I doing wrong.

1. network discovery on

2 print sharing on

3, password 0ff

Even was told to go into registry and do some things.

What’s…..going on folks ……….thanks……Robert

What the heck is going on…..what am I doing wrong.

Windows Update might have updated a security program. It could be lots of reasons. I think you should assume you have a corrupted user profile. Here's a link on how to fix a corrupted profile - http://windows.micro...d-user-profile. This sharing and security built into Windows 7 is difficult to figure out even when you do the right things which it looks like you have done.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are all the computers using Windows 7, or are they mixed OS.?

When prompted for user name and password, try to just enter the user name and leave password blank. Does this work?

Ron.

Check out your Power Settings... the default settings will require a password be entered when the pc wakes up.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.