Sign in to follow this  
springbok204

Little Issue with HGS, EZCA, PMDG 737NGX and Native FSX Head Movement

Hey Guys,

I have a lil problem that I'd like someone to point me in the right direction.

I made my own cockpit positions with EZCA. One of these is looking straight ahead to be able to use the HGS, with the symbols in the HGS prefectly in the center of the HGS.

As you all know, FSX includes a type of head movement that is built into the sim, which I actually find annoying but it hasn't bothered me until now, now that I've started using the HGS more.

With the native head movement on taxi out, take off and flying turns, after all this and I come to approach, using my custom EZCA cockpit views, thery're mostly in the right place but the HGS now looks like I'm looking at it from an angle. Remember, it is perfectly centered in my custom views.

Has anybody experienced this? If so, how do you deal with it?

Kirk Mayers

Yes, this movement of the viewpoint is a flaw in FSX and the HGS makes it much more obvious. The VC origin moves around slightly with aircraft heading. It's really clear what's happening if you tilt the view 90 deg down and slowly taxi around through a full 360 deg. The seat moves around as heading changes. That's why your HGS view changes in flight.

The further the pilot eyepoint is from the centre of rotation, the worse the effect is. So in the 777-300 it will be more obvious.

You can't fix it, all you can do is find the best compromise camera position for all heading angles.

ki9cAAb.jpg