Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forkedtail

Failed wing and tail lights

One bug I have never figured out is why the colored wing and tail lights sometimes fail to respond to the "L" key. Everything else functions properly and I sometimes will solve the problem by reloading an aircraft, but sometimes not. I'm not sure which file contains the light effects, but something must get deleted in those files. Any solutions you know of?

One bug I have never figured out is why the colored wing and tail lights sometimes fail to respond to the "L" key. Everything else functions properly and I sometimes will solve the problem by reloading an aircraft, but sometimes not. I'm not sure which file contains the light effects, but something must get deleted in those files. Any solutions you know of?

Since no one else has responded I'll chime in and say that using the 'L' key on a stock MS aircraft is okay but also part of your problem. Each aircraft panel has its own switches for lights corresponding to which lights are used on that aircraft. The 'L' key is generic. Using the mouse to 'switch' the different types of lights on or off is a better practice. The light effects are not the problem. Landing and taxi lights are built into each aircrafts model and can not be deleted. The panel lighting is coded into the aircrafts panel configuration file and would have to be manually deleted. The VC and exterior lighting is created using effect files that reside in the Effects folder in the root FS9 folder. All of these are controlled and assigned the physical location in the aircrafts aircraft configuration file. By using the 'L' key and switching between aircraft, which may have different lighting, you are confusing the system so to speak. So, not to worry, no files are being deleted or lost. FS9 uses a system of variables to control many functions related to a aircraft and it is possible for those to temporarily have the wrong value set for a particular aircraft. If you are using add on aircraft - both pay ware and free ware - you will experience this more because of the system complexity and programing of the various gauges. Reloading the default Cessna will reset the variables as well as shutting down FS9 and reloading the default Cessna. I hope this helps and feel free to ask if I've need to clarify anything,

Regards,

Mel