Sign in to follow this  
Woc

Exterior Lights issue

Hi Pilots,

First of all I have to say NGX is gettin me a lot of fun and learning. I have an issue that I recently realize: my taxi and landing lights do not illuminate the ground (neither platforms, taxiways or runways). I have checked that in FSX settings. I've noticed this is only and NGX issue since I also fly LevelD and Aerosoft with no lights issue. Anybody with the same problem??

Thanks

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Just came across this thread as I do have the same problem!

The tricky thing is that this problem does not occur always, but obviously only in some situations, but I wasn't able yet to figure that out exactly.

Recent example: I took off from PANC in daylight, then landed in PHNL at dusk and the ground was not illuminated by any of the NGX's exterior lights (wich makes it quite hard to land and taxi). Then I shut down FSX, restarted it and placed the NGX in PANC at night - and all lights were properly illuminating the ground.

Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had a few problems like this caused by using REX textures for aircraft lights. I reverted to default textures and then reapplied REX textures, this time without the REX lighting textures and all was good.

23.png

I had a few problems like this caused by using REX textures for aircraft lights. I reverted to default textures and then reapplied REX textures, this time without the REX lighting textures and all was good.

Thanks for the hint! - But how did you "revert to default textures"? Restoring the "Initial backup" in REX, or how?

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg